356 register a day in the (COMO) Park

Niko

Great shots Niko (sorry I missed you).

The first two cars in your pics were built and owned by Marc Banks...

The outlaw took him 7 years to build and believe it or not the color is one that was offered in the VX commodore range :)

The blue car is a '56 Aussie Delivered (1of5 delivered that year) it was originally Red, and until last year was silver.

Just some useless information I thought I'd share lol...

Great info thanks FIG, you certainly have your finger on the pulse with these things. I don't know of Marc BANKS but I sure like his style. He is the Chip FOOSE of the 356 brigade.

I love the first one, I know it is outlandish to say, but apart from Dougs car.... of course, the outlaw was the best car in show. It has even taken over as my screen saver from David's GT2.

Photographs beautifully, sensational colour. Have to keep my eye out for the VX's with that colour.

Thanks FIG

That was for sale some time ago from memory? Duttons had it and then it was at the Throttle Shop in Syd - it appears it did not sell? Fig, I am looking in your direction? The asking price was about 140k I think....................

Nice shots Doug (Niko still holds the title lol)

Hugh, you are correct, it was at Duttons & CTS for a time... It only recently sold by the hands of Marc himself not the above. Price was roughly that sort of money ;-b

The car was originally an import (LHD) 'A' , Marc had the rain rails removed, quarters filled in and his partner choose the Colour (BTW, she is extremely talented and a lovely lady). It is in some regards the 'ultimate outlaw' , so tastefully done, only the purists seem to complain.

The new owner is extremely lucky to share time with a true piece of art.

Just my opinion anyway ;-)

Agreed.

I remember when I first saw it at this same event many years ago (06 maybe?). It is such a beautiful car, if I had the dollars sitting there for another Porsche would have bought it in a heartbeat. Would be up there on my fave porsche list (top 3 for sure!).

Agreed.

I remember when I first saw it at this same event many years ago (06 maybe?). It is such a beautiful car, if I had the dollars sitting there for another Porsche would have bought it in a heartbeat. Would be up there on my fave porsche list (top 3 for sure!).

Hey Hugh...didn't you say the same thing about a certain 901? ;)

Hey Hugh...didn't you say the same thing about a certain 901? ;)

I was serious at dinner the other week when I said - "tell me if your ever going to sell your car!" Dont worry, a certain 901 is in that top 3 also!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived