Something Nice for someone

wasserkuhl

The cynic in me means there is no books, but they're hoping to get some enquiries going before they reveal that fact.

The reality might mean the PO has had to dig the books out of storage or something, and the dealer doesn't have them yet.

Being a 77, does it have a 6 digit odometer?

Tail looks like a 3.0 turbo tail with the correct oil cooler vent so could well be the factory tail the car came with.I am not an expert on those wings other than I am sort of looking for one to replace my later 930 wing. Porsche australia could prolly tell you from the VIN what options it was ordered with.

Steerring wheel is nastly looking but thats an easy fix.

80,000 km's... hmmm

Highly unlikely....

What is up with that steering wheel? Surely an aftermarket job?

Also the tail - is that correct for the car? Looks like an early turbo tail to my untrained eyes.

Wheel is a FA Porsche Design Momo wheel, quite sought after in some circles, doesn't suit 911's though....

Tail is correct - Yes, it is indeed a Turbo Tail, however you will find these tails on alot of Euro delivered Carrera 3.0's. There is also a second tail that doesn't have the second grille and a third that is black rubber.

The cynic in me means there is no books, but they're hoping to get some enquiries going before they reveal that fact.

The reality might mean the PO has had to dig the books out of storage or something, and the dealer doesn't have them yet.

Being a 77, does it have a 6 digit odometer?

No it doesn't from the pictures...........it seems to have a 5 digit speedo which concerns me so it could have been around the clock a couple of times. That said after a full inspection and checking of VIN#'s, close inspection of the body underneath, it may be a good buy for someone.....I suspect that the car is either a UK Import (Which doesn't mean its bad just means look for rust very very carefully) or a Converted LHD.

Were headlight washers in the Bumper bar available in 77 ??

Yes they were, however they were only an option, not standard. They were an option up until MY 1979 even on the SC's. This car has only the standard small ones, no reason for concern

The price looks incredible.

I wonder if it is "factory RHD'??

And we all know what that means...

"Factory RHD" means that comes from the UK, which is a red flag, however not a deal breaker. Mine is a UK delivered one and it has no rust as it has been in australia since the late 80's.

I suspect that this car will have some issues or concerns, involving rust, Conversions and or mechanical problems.

Douglas, is that what you meant by "Factory RHD?" ie: look for rust?

Further to my concerns is that this is not a factory colour for 1977.

In addition the front guards have Indicator repeaters, Carrera 3.0's did not have these, ever at all..........

If anyone looks at this car I would recommend seeing if it has opening rear windows.

I Would also recommend that they pay close attention to the VIN plate and VIN stamp on the Body, if it doesn't have black paint on them..........

It is likely that it has had some front end damage or it is a rebodied 911 SC........

It does have the right Spoiler though. It may well be a very late 77 Build ie: August.......

But, for me there is some cause for full investigation...............Caveat Emptor.

I'll keep it simple, the colour looks to me like 1982 forrest green. OMG OMG its not a 100% stock car etc. As I see it do your homework before putting your money on the table. On the face of it a good clean looking car as WSK said.

Further to my concerns is that this is not a factory colour for 1977.

In addition the front guards have Indicator repeaters, Carrera 3.0's did not have these, ever at all..........

If anyone looks at this car I would recommend seeing if it has opening rear windows.

I Would also recommend that they pay close attention to the VIN plate and VIN stamp on the Body, if it doesn't have black paint on them..........

It is likely that it has had some front end damage or it is a rebodied 911 SC........

It does have the right Spoiler though. It may well be a very late 77 Build ie: August.......

But, for me there is some cause for full investigation...............Caveat Emptor.

Learning here ; opening rear windows - means it is a 77 Carrera? Same goes for black paint on vin stamp : confirms or denies?

I've looked at it again a few times. And come to the conclusion I don't like the colour.

Learning here ; opening rear windows - means it is a 77 Carrera? Same goes for black paint on vin stamp : confirms or denies?

I've looked at it again a few times. And come to the conclusion I don't like the colour.

all 911s from 1964-1977 had opening rear windows. The 911 SC was the first model to have fixed rear windows.

911s of this vintage had black paint brushed on the vin body stamp and behind the vin plate.....absence of this indicates that it has been repainted/repaired.

The vin quoted on the ad (although it has one extra #)matches a very late carrera 3.0.....

I would approach with very open eyes and do an extreme amount of due dilligence.....

I wish I was closer and could go and have a good look at this car......

I've seen C3's with the snorkel design headlamp washers. These are pretty rare to replace.

Should also have hand throttle and 5 finned engine fan (can you confirm wasserkuhl?)

Yes the Periscope Headlamp washers are the ones that were an option 74-79. Not all C3's had them. I have them on my Car. I also have 2 sets of spares. They are EUR400 a set, secondhand.

Should have a hand Throttle between the seats and a 5 Fin fan. If it doesn't have a 5 Fin, don't freak out as alot of Oz ones have been upgraded to the 11 Fin(Mine has , it gets a bit hot down here....)

Hand throttle was like a choke. I the 1978 MY , 911SC, They added an AuxAirValve to replace the Hand throttle...........

I like the hand throttle!

I like my hand throttle as well. Adds another direct involvement that you have with the car.

Totally Agree.

Drove a colleague to a Christmas lunch in it and he was like "whats that little lever?" "Geez this things got some boot..." "How old is it again???"

Archived