GR Yaris

HWY

Yeh, those things look like they'll be a ball!

Did you get any indication of when you'll be able to pay the rest and take delivery?

43 minutes ago, edgy said:

This caught my attention too... from my limited research, they are not offering the performance package here? 

Toyota are saying they'll bring in 250 of the 'Rallye' versions of the GR Yaris in H1 2021.

A Turbo GR version of the new 86 is also rumored for 2021.

I ordered yesterday and they said Jan 21 delivery. White was the only decision to make and of the 18 orders the local Toyota had, only one car was ordered in black. No red.

0-100kmh in something between 5.2 and 5.5 seconds should be a hoot in such a light little package.

https://www.carsales.com.au/editorial/details/toyota-gr-yaris-not-sold-out-yet-126515/

That looks mega.

it is one of my “to do’s” to do the Bathurst 6 hour in a little Toyota Echo or Yaris. Screaming away on the rev limiter at 8,000 rpm all day, eyes like dinner plates as you are monstered from behind by most of the field, and climbing all over people from Reid park to Forrest elbow because it weighs 750 kg stripped out.

that new gigga might be a little too competent for that assignment but looks pretty cool anyway. 

From Toyota website:

Press Releases

lightbox.jpg
tellafriend.jpg

01 October 2020

TOYOTA STOKES GR YARIS DEMAND WITH TEMPTING NEW OFFER

**New price for the next 100 cars remains thousands below official RRP**
**Astonishing response to the first all-Toyota sports car in 20 years**
**Enthusiasts snap up first 1,000 GR Yaris sports cars in just seven days**

Toyota has responded to extraordinary demand for Toyota's 200kW GR Yaris performance car by releasing a further 100 examples for pre-sale at a new driveaway price of $44,950.

The move follows an ordering frenzy that resulted in the first 1,000 cars being snapped up inside a week at the remarkable driveaway price of $39,950.

• 1 month later...

Looks like the price has been advised for the Rallye version at $56,200 on the road for the first 200 which is only a slight discount from the ongoing price which is $54,500 plus on roads.

https://www.caradvice.com.au/904248/toyota-gr-yaris-rallye-price-and-specs-56200-drive-away/

We were waiting for the MK8 GTI as we need a new 'business car' to write down, but I will say this is tempting!