Hi from Newcastle

Hi. I'm Steve, I have a '77 911S 2.7 Coupe I've owned for 8 or 9 years and have slowly been doing a rolling resto. I've still got a bit to go. I've been spotting a few Porkers around Newy lately. 356 at Sepercheap on Fri. Red turbo body convertible at Fern Bay on Sun. Looked like Uncle's matt Black car I passed at Newcastle Beach yesterday. Not often you see classic Porkers on the road around this area. Looking forward to meeting up with a few locals in the coming year and maybe going for a blast on some backroads.

Thanks for your kind replies. It looks good in the photos but up close it could do with a paint job. My sheds bigger than the house. It would fit 6 or 7 cars. At the moment it has our 2 daily drivers, 3 motorbikes, 1 quad and tons of junk. I recently fitted a 2 post hoist (Ebay special). It makes working on the Porsche a breeze.

Hi maxy;

Your car looks familiar, here's a picture of my '76 Sportomatic -

155_7251191108_4867_n-XL.jpg

You'll have to excuse the whale-tail, I've been meaning to get rid of it for the six years that I've owned the car :rolleyes:

Our cars probably suffer the same paint affliction - mine was dismally resprayed at some point (? home garage job), but is okay from about 10 metres.

This was the only other mid-year looking car that I used to see regularly around Newie -

eb5d140a-a66d-4e9a-8c36-16197efd0c82.jpg

http://www.theherald...sche-burns-out/

So I'm looking at a fire extinguisher for mine :)

I remember that black one burning down at Charlestown. Talked to the owner in Carrington and checked out his car only a couple of months earlier. I don't think I've ever seen your '76 around, f3nr15. You must keep it well hidden. Looks nice.

Welcome Steve,

What a horror story, pulling up at the lights, stall, WOOF up in a ball of flames!!!

Agreed, love the look of your car, hopefully you'll get it out there with the rest of the lads and lasses somethime soon, but be careful of Uncles bearing single malted anecdote lubricants though...!

;) LOL!

Kerry

Welcome! The car looks great! Nice subtle colour too.

You'll probably see my red coupe getting around the place sooner or later. It gets a lot of use. More than I had intended anyway.

Hope you go to the scotch night!

I think we need a Newcastle sunday morning meetup soon.

Not sure ive seen your red coupe around the traps Steamwolf. Good lookin car.I would like to catch up. I know its out Westy somewhere but don't know the address. I don't drink spirits bit don't mind a to a couple of beers or 10.

Archived