Has anyone else noticed lately when longer term members are selling cars or higher end parts, that new members (with zero prior posts) are asking "Is this still available?", even when the sale ad is weeks or months old, then they basically disappear from the forum? 

Just keep an eye on who you're dealing with when you're selling anything by checking their post count in their profile, and DON'T email them until you're sure they're not scamming you. If you think it's dodgy, report the post and we'll have a look at it.

I'm going to try and be more vigilant with this, and I also wish to ask the other moderators and admin to do the same please. 

11 hours ago, edgy said:

This is why I usually delete my for sale threads once the item is sold, I just think it’s good housekeeping to do so

One of the wonderful things about this kind of forum is the history... I like to go back over previously sold items to help gauge whether I'm pricing a similar item correctly or when buying to help me understand something's value. 

I can see sense in locking a completed sale thread, but I think still having it visible is potentially really helpful for others.

9 minutes ago, Fishcop said:

I can see sense in locking a completed sale thread, but I think still having it visible is potentially really helpful for others.

Agree its a great resource to have cars sold here for future reference.  Could also have a max time requirement for the vendor - must update the thread every 'xx' days, or thread gets locked?