Booster seat for 996.

Jason E

We've used one of these 'occasionally' only.  Fits; 928GTS, 964, 996, all from personal experience. It's a cheapie spare that only is used in these cars.  Mum's car has a Recaro! https://www.babybunting.com.au/britax-safe-n-sound-tourer-booster-buff-black-1.html

It's light and flexible, so easy enough to get in and out of the car if you don't want/need it remaining there.

• 2 months later...
On 03/04/2021 at 09:05, ML13 said:

try maxi cosi AP RODI. I have removed the bottom seat, but left the back rest intact.

It has a narrow base and not too tall. easily fits my almost 5 year old

Hello @ML13, you wouldn't happen to have a photo of it installed would you?

cheers,

Jason

On 08/04/2021 at 16:46, spiller said:

I’m looking at options for seating my daughter in the front passenger seat of my GT3. Does anyone know what the situation is regarding airbag deactivation? She is almost 5 and tall for her age.

You'll need to look into your States Law re airbag deactivation ( I think it's illegal in Australia).  If your car has back seats then children must sit in the back until they fit correctly in the seatbelt at the front.  Airbags make a mess of small kids in accidents.

1 hour ago, Jason E said:

You'll need to look into your States Law re airbag deactivation ( I think it's illegal in Australia).  If your car has back seats then children must sit in the back until they fit correctly in the seatbelt at the front.  Airbags make a mess of small kids in accidents.

No back seats in mine. Maybe a call to department of transport is in order.

I do know for a fact that you can have a small child in the front seat ONLY if there are no rear seats eg I have a commercial van so my daughter can ride up front as she can’t sit in the cargo area

28 minutes ago, JLD said:

I do know for a fact that you can have a small child in the front seat ONLY if there are no rear seats eg I have a commercial van so my daughter can ride up front as she can’t sit in the cargo area

Yes, that's right,  however they still need an appropriate booster/ child seat or restraint system until they fit the standard front seat belt.  Then the problem with boosters etc in front seats is it takes the child inside the deployment envelope of the airbag.  This is highly dangerous hence the deactivation of the airbag.  I'm just not sure if it is legal in Australia to deactivate them.

On 10/04/2021 at 21:23, Jason E said:

Yes, that's right,  however they still need an appropriate booster/ child seat or restraint system until they fit the standard front seat belt.  Then the problem with boosters etc in front seats is it takes the child inside the deployment envelope of the airbag.  This is highly dangerous hence the deactivation of the airbag.  I'm just not sure if it is legal in Australia to deactivate them.

Lucky for me and my daughter is that my work vehicle is a 3 seater so I put her booster seat on the middle seat so no airbag danger. And she loves playing with Wayze on the screen

On 10/04/2021 at 21:23, Jason E said:

I'd say it's legal here in Oz. My work ute is a Triton and it has a switch over on the passenger side which allows deactivation of airbag using ignition key. Also a light in centre stack to advise when it's turned off.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Jason E, these are the 2 car seats I have in the back. The black one is AP Rodi booster for my 5 year old. She’s pretty slim so fits ok.  Feet need to go under the front seat. Mr 3 sits in the other seat which I got off PFA, but it sits higher and so less space as front seats extend back further higher up the seat. He has started asking to go in the booster.

C4AD7B82-3E5F-4A8C-B6CD-2AB65C552B30.jpeg

DAD4634A-E734-4F17-B735-1A272E90E81C.jpeg

C4A657D0-A0E6-47E3-A317-6DAE2BF58425.jpeg