Jack Pads

Fishcop

Anyone know if there is a local supplier of the Porsche specific jack pads/pucks  that fit the modern Porsche lifting points (like the Powerflex PF57-560)

https://flat6motorsports.com/products/powerflex-polyurethane-jack-pad-adapter

I'm just looking to be able to jack my 996 up without doing any underbody damage...

John,

Quite a selection on eBay:

porsche jacking pad | eBay

I've got an aluminium one that I rarely use.  I normally just use a strip of kitchen flooring vinyl I've rolled and taped into a puck shape.  Have also used a wad of newspaper on occasions too.

Sorry, I'm just not that fancy!

1 hour ago, Peter M said:

John,

Quite a selection on eBay:

porsche jacking pad | eBay

I've got an aluminium one that I rarely use.  I normally just use a strip of kitchen flooring vinyl I've rolled and taped into a puck shape.  Have also used a wad of newspaper on occasions too.

Sorry, I'm just not that fancy!

Yeah I saw those - but everything is overseas based.  Just thought there might have been a local supplier.  Rubber hockey pucks are cheap and easy - I'll probably go with them.  I like being fancy :D

2 hours ago, Fishcop said:

Yeah I saw those - but everything is overseas based.  Just thought there might have been a local supplier.  Rubber hockey pucks are cheap and easy - I'll probably go with them.  I like being fancy :D

Try Clark Rubber. They're bound to have something to suit

Unfortunately Clark Rubber went tits up here a couple of years ago - it was my go to for all this stuff.  The 996 jack points are slightly recessed below the side skirt profile and my floor jack's plate diameter doesn't safely clear.  A vulcanised rubber hockey puck is 3"x1" (giving me the tiny bit of clearance I need) and only $3.75 when bought as pack of 5 - I reckon that's what I'll do.  I just wondered if anyone else had taken the fancy route :D

6 minutes ago, Fishcop said:

I just wondered if anyone else had taken the fancy route :D

I went the 'fancy route' and purchased from "The 911 Guy" on ebay a while back.

$100 for a set of 4 seemed ok for me as I like to be able to ensure the jack is centred over the jack point.

Here's a link to the ebay listing https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Jack-Pads-Lift-Pucks-for-your-Porsche-911-Carrera-1987-2019-Boxster-Cayman-/114416370913?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49292

10 minutes ago, rego said:

I went the 'fancy route' and purchased from "The 911 Guy" on ebay a while back.

$100 for a set of 4 seemed ok for me as I like to be able to ensure the jack is centred over the jack point.

Here's a link to the ebay listing https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Jack-Pads-Lift-Pucks-for-your-Porsche-911-Carrera-1987-2019-Boxster-Cayman-/114416370913?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49292

Yep these would certainly be the go if I was using a car hoist.  With just the floor jack I can take my time - though having that locating lug makes life a lot easier.