We can meet in Mt Evelyn (seeing as thats local to you Arne Krix) if you like, maybe meet at the IGA carpark 7.45am for an 8am sharp departure (40 York Rd. Mt Evelyn), details on the day, but around 2-2.5 hrs driving + a stop for a coffee in Healesville at some stage. Anyone else free?

Anyone coming, please ensure you have read and are familiar with the pinned post SMT rules and etiquette. Thanks

thank you Will for organizing and Mark for his quick thinking in regards to our route. 5 Cars took of in Mt Evelyn , monty188 + co pilot , p-Kay ,Arne, 9 fan ,teknostar and passenger. With some traffic , we changed course and set sail for Mt. Baw Baw. Quick brekkie stop half way , before we hit the twisties. It was great to see the mix of cars driving together , Boxster ,911 Carrera ,911 Turbo , Cayman , 718 Turbo . The mountain road was more of an obstacle course , push bikes , branches , rocks , etc. My highlight was water over the road at the apex of a hairpin turn , you could not see the water in time , consequently we all did a left, right , cha cha cha. Cracking pace at times .I saw quite a number of other P cars , waved to all , maybe somebody recognized us? Awesome weather , it was great to catch up with familiar and new faces . Hope to catch up somewhere , sometime. Anybody got more photos?

p1.jpg

p2.jpg

p3.jpg

1 hour ago, monty188 said:

A great day , most enjoyable , apart from the flat tyre on the way home.

Courtesy of a wayward piece of forest.

I finished up with a nice scratch , courtesy of some forest poking his finger out of a bush. My repair kit and me gave that scratch a good go.!

Sh*t. Does the Boxster carry a spare , or do you have this weird repair kit? 

Didn't you get them from Grimmy? Maybe they are crap?😂

9 hours ago, Arne Krix said:

It was great to see the mix of cars driving together , Boxster ,911 Carrera ,911 Turbo , Cayman , 718 Turbo . 

What's a 718 Turbo?  Aren't the Base and S both turbo charged and the GTS a normally aspirated?  Is there another model?

13 hours ago, Arne Krix said:

I finished up with a nice scratch , courtesy of some forest poking his finger out of a bush. My repair kit and me gave that scratch a good go.!

Sh*t. Does the Boxster carry a spare , or do you have this weird repair kit? 

Didn't you get them from Grimmy? Maybe they are crap?😂

Arnie never mentioned anything about air just wheels and tyres 😁

10 hours ago, monty188 said:

lol  - the Boxster has a space saver...  so 15 mins later I was on my way.

I will revert to the 17's for next weeks run - should be fun!

Always consider it a regressive step removing the spare from 987 onwards. 

Pretty lazy IMHO. I understand that wheels and tyres have grown massively over the past decade, leading to the storage space required for a spare growing significantly.

But a smart redesign of the storage area could allow for large wheel storage in an emergency.

When I looked into buying a collapsible space saver (the type that you only inflate when you need them) the issue in the previous 987.2 Cayman wasn't the storage of the space saver as it will fit in the "Frunk". The issue is what to do with the wheel and tyre that has gone flat, they simply wont fit.

I have seen pictures of people laying them down in the boot then strapping the boot shut with a considerable gap.

Anyone had experiences with the tyre sealing compound that is included in the vehicle? I know if the side wall has been damaged forget it your cars going on a truck!

Which fine a lot of us will have Porsche Roadside Assist however I am quite capable of changing a wheel and would rather that than sending my car to the dealership over a flat tyre!