Should I go look at this one?

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I may have it wrong Wasser, but I understood that the SAI system is on both Vario and non-Varioram and both will become blocked potentially.

However the 94-95 cars OBD-I ECU does not look for a fault and there will be no CEL activated. 

You can drive a 95 with blocked air injectors and have absolutely no idea as performance will not be affected and there is no visual indicator.

You have it right Theo, pre Varioram does not look for a fault, post does!

i totally disagree with all comments about anything pre 993 being used as a daily. i have a 3.2 with over 300,000km's which i use as a daily. some of you guys can attest to my car's condition.

300,000km's one top end rebuild, no oil leaks, no breakdowns, no blowing smoke, driven every day, still runs hard, i really dont see the issue.

these cars are meant to be driven, no kept in the shed for a special occasion.. why limit your porsche experience to once a week.. i get that buzz every day!

driving my car is never mundane, even commuting to work..

Didn't mean to offend. It is great to drive it everyday.

However for me, its my personal preference not to.

I drive mine about 3 times a week, just not too and from work.

Hey Amanda,

OK, time for my experience,

I have a 1975 2.7 Carrera that I drive at least 3 or 4 times a week, at least as much as my Merc stationwagon. Neither does that many kms because I live and work close by, but IGY goes with me to school, does the shopping (full big family shops), picks and drops off various children and packages, effectively, a two door family car. No probs whatsoever. Even Uma the mid-sized dog finds her space on the passenger side floor....

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend a early 911 for a daily driver if you can deal with the limited space restrictions, and not having to drive multi-kms which have obvious mileage issues...

We're all having fun helping you decide Amanda!  ;)

Kerry

LOL nooo no hotting up!    LOL you guys are funny!

And thanks Kerry - I like hearing those types of stories with early 911s.  Limited space, meh not an issue I'm driving a limited space vehicle now!  Our other car is a hatch anyways, so that goes to Ikea!

My car is on Carsales :D

So lets get step one happening... selling of the SLK (which I must say is running flawless now, I think the issues are sorted finally so I feel comfortable selling it)

EDIT:  I must say this is a unique forum. The opinions shared in this thread would be enough to cause fights in many forums I visit regularly.  This really is a special place :)

EDIT:  I must say this is a unique forum. The opinions shared in this thread would be enough to cause fights in many forums I visit regularly.  This really is a special place :)

All for the love of Porsches..................

There are so many on this forum that would lead you astray down the path of non-originality.

Trust me. I would never do that to you Amanda!!!!!!!!!!!!

Never trust someone that says 'trust me' and also drills big holes in airboxes (or whatever it was you did that too) and has fisters!   Oh T-man.. shame you weren't at the carpark meet, heard so much about you!

Archived