Our old mate Jack Olsen's 911.

Here is a nice little vid on Jack Olsen's 911. Damn nice car and we all know his "shed" now.

http://www.petrolicious.com/articles/one-car-to-do-it-all-jack-olsen-s-911

Awesome , Love the way it transforms from track to road, and the way he tells you 911's

will bite you in the butt if you don't learn how to drive them and stay in tune with them (Drivers Car)

shows you how tough they are.

good find Uncle.

wow, great story, I had read about his garage elsewhere and it is my inspiration for my man cave at my "new house" that we are currently planning..

I am seriously considering adding a lift into the project, I love the idea of it.

now all I need to do is acquire some serious hand eye co-ordination and knowledge..

thanks for posting uncle..

Cool video, cool car and cool dude. It just shows that passion, patience and a willingness to learn can achieve amazing things.

I was also interested in 'the one car to do it all'  - how appropriate after the thread I created and the conversations that followed.

I also agree with Airhead - it would be fun to do some similar film style projects with PFA members.Time permitting of course.  If Niko was keen, I'd certainly be interested in doing this type of project alongside him.

Barry and Amanda, that sounds like a good plan.   Maybe we have a chat about it next time we catch up A.  

Would be nice to visit members and do a little job on them (so to speak)......................

In fact the more I think about it the more it appeals as a great idea.  

I don't currently have a vid camera, but when the ACT trip is over I will do some research and acquire one and get that project of the ground.  

There is no doubt we have some very very interesting people on this Forum let alone the cars they drive/own.

I'm just spewin I never thought of it myself....

Hi A, yes I did know that, although non of my CANON's have that feature, I can back yours up with a great NIKON P7000 compact

(the camera you have when you don't want to use a DSLR).  

Having said that I would still like to get myself a nice little movie camera that I can match up with the Apple system for good editing etc  (I am about to do a bit of study on movie cameras because I really don't have much idea.   The queen used to supply me one FOC in a past life)  

I would like to get the best set up for what we are going to do if possible.  

But in the meantime I guess we could go the DSLR way.   

I really can't do anything till ACT is over though.   But excited about the idea.

Niko. I bought a compact travel camera before my South America trip. Great photos and HD video in a small camera body.

You don't need to spend a bomb.

Totally, you can get broadcast quality cameras for next to nothing now - plus the GoPro's can do just about anything in or on a car. Basic editing software and your away...............sounds like a fun idea.

Theo, not sure why you are having issues with your Go Pro? I use mine also when I am riding, I'm moving all over the place and the footage is still crisp............maybe try it on some different settings in a carpark for comparison?

It's a great idea.  The equipment used in making the clip about my car and garage was pretty basic -- a couple of DSLRs, some tripods, and one of those slow-tracking mounts.  They had an audio recorder and a clip-on microphone, too. 

It doesn't take much, but having been through it let me say that the real work is in having the skills needed to make things look visually interesting, and (even more so) the editing.  They re-edited almost everything I said, in one way or another -- cutting the chaff out and sometimes re-ordering things.  It's probably safe to say that 3X the time was spent editing than shooting.

In any case, thanks for posting the link Uncle!  My wife keeps trying to talk me into going to Australia.  I don't know that I could be away from my car that long.  :)

Hi Jack,

let me just say we feel very honored to be able to call you one of us! You will be most welcome to visit and if you ever do let us know as we will make sure you are shown the sights and taken well care of.

Cheers and best wishes

Chris

+1

Jack, What I really took away from your clip was the importance and the emphasis you have on suspension.

You really got me thinking a great deal more about that.

Thanks

Niko,  many DSLRs shoot HD video now.  My 60D does.. so we could use that :)  no need to buy anything new!

Okey Doke, you guys have talked me into it  so if I don't get a movie camera, we can use the DSLR etc.  (or both sources anyway)

I guess we have to find a likely "GUINEA PIG" to start off with.

I am thinking of Mr and Mrs AIRHEAD. (Barry & Ursula)  I know there are some good stories and cars there......

It's a great idea.  The equipment used in making the clip about my car and garage was pretty basic -- a couple of DSLRs, some tripods, and one of those slow-tracking mounts.  They had an audio recorder and a clip-on microphone, too. 

It doesn't take much, but having been through it let me say that the real work is in having the skills needed to make things look visually interesting, and (even more so) the editing.  They re-edited almost everything I said, in one way or another -- cutting the chaff out and sometimes re-ordering things.  It's probably safe to say that 3X the time was spent editing than shooting.

In any case, thanks for posting the link Uncle!  My wife keeps trying to talk me into going to Australia.  I don't know that I could be away from my car that long.  :)

No problem, it was my duty to share and I was not sure you would be back.

I am going to say we could prolly help you out with a 911 fix here and there.

Archived