WTB 964RS

njb

A couple of questions if someone can answer.

How many 964 RS were Australian delivered? I was under the impression that they were not sold in Australia?

Where do I find the details of the 2 cars referred to above for sale at Porschaden? They don't seem to be on their website.

8 minutes ago, Raven said:

KMS Low ....................Price High :Chuckle2:

I have a low'ish kms 964 RS I am trying to offload in the UK at the moment for 210K GBP so am interested in picking up a local car if pricing is roughly equivalent.

My only hesitation of getting a local car is that all RHD cars came with power steering while all LHDs were unassisted....and having driven a RHD car, the experience is a bit diluted directly compared a LHD...and the seating position is quite compromised.....but as a counter balance, it is admittedly a lot easier to drive a RHD car around town because of the power steering.

1 hour ago, 901er said:

Does anyone know the asking price? 

They had a beautiful Yellow 964 rs about a year ago from memory asking price was around $600K , The red 993 RSCS is still available I believe asking $650K 

8 hours ago, WGA said:

I have a low'ish kms 964 RS I am trying to offload in the UK at the moment for 210K GBP so am interested in picking up a local car if pricing is roughly equivalent.

My only hesitation of getting a local car is that all RHD cars came with power steering while all LHDs were unassisted....and having driven a RHD car, the experience is a bit diluted directly compared a LHD...and the seating position is quite compromised.....but as a counter balance, it is admittedly a lot easier to drive a RHD car around town because of the power steering.

I have seen your Red 964 rs and many of you other cars , very impressive :Beer:

On 04/06/2021 at 22:29, WGA said:

On 05/06/2021 at 07:53, Raven said:

They had a beautiful Yellow 964 rs about a year ago from memory asking price was around $600K , The red 993 RSCS is still available I believe asking $650K 

I have seen your Red 964 rs and many of you other cars , very impressive :Beer:

The red RSCS is my old one. 650 asking ... less will buy it. 

On 04/06/2021 at 21:46, njb said:

Yes, am aware of those, but was curious if there were any PFA owners thinking of selling before I pull the trigger.

PM me before you do.  The red LHD isn’t mine (although I had a go at buying it!) but I know the owner. 

On 04/06/2021 at 22:29, WGA said:

A couple of questions if someone can answer.

How many 964 RS were Australian delivered? I was under the impression that they were not sold in Australia?

Where do I find the details of the 2 cars referred to above for sale at Porschaden? They don't seem to be on their website.

According to the publication I have which was authored by PCA (don’t ask ...) 6 were locally delivered in 1992 

This thread is making me think I should consider bringing my 964 RS out to OZ.

I had kind of already decided against it largely because the car is LHD and I was not sure how much a LHD 964 RS might sell for in the local market (if I ever wanted to dispose of it). Plus, I hated the idea that I would have to give the greedy gov approx $120+K in taxes for the privilege.

So do any of you have an opinion on how much a LHD guards red RS with 50,000km on the clock in absolutely pristine condition (100% 1st paint, excellent service record, etc) might be worth to help me make up my mind.

45 minutes ago, WGA said:

This thread is making me think I should consider bringing my 964 RS out to OZ.

I had kind of already decided against it largely because the car is LHD and I was not sure how much a LHD 964 RS might sell for in the local market (if I ever wanted to dispose of it). Plus, I hated the idea that I would have to give the greedy gov approx $120+K in taxes for the privilege.

So do any of you have an opinion on how much a LHD guards red RS with 50,000km on the clock in absolutely pristine condition (100% 1st paint, excellent service record, etc) might be worth to help me make up my mind.

It's over 25 years old now ?  For top dollar export it to the US and sell on bring a trailer.  

As much as I would love to see another RS in the country I cringe at you having to give the government a fat payday for an immoral, ill-conceived and inefficient tax.

You would/should get good money for it in Oz, yet still plenty of people believing they aren't skilled enough to sit on the other side of a car, so it might take a while to find a buyer.

I have already explored the USA option through a couple of very knowledgeable people who regularly sell special Porsches into the USA market. .

The intell is that since the cars hit the 25 year mark, most people who wanted one now have one. As a result, there are actually a couple of 964 RS that were taken over that are languishing unsold. The only examples that are still selling reasonably quickly are very low mileage cars which mine is not. So I was advised that if I did send it over, it could sit there for 12 months or so before it sold and that it likely sell for something under USD 300K.

7 hours ago, WGA said:

Hmmmm...but what price is local buyer really prepared to pay? Mid 4s...maybe?

I think it'll go for close to 600 or more in this frothy market. Despite being NZ delivered and with 89,000kms or thereabouts. I am told there have been recent sales of Aussie delivered cars in the low to mid 600s. It's certainly a lot of money, and then you consider the other cars or options you could have for that coin.

In the UK obviously the choice is much greater and prices lower. I'm quite envious of the situation over there. If I lived in the UK I'd be able to tick off quite a few boxes, especially with classic BMWs which all seem to be gobbled up and tightly held here in Oz.

@Skidmarks thank you for the heads-up, but I'd been looking at the RHD white car.

34 minutes ago, njb said:

I think it'll go for close to 600 or more in this frothy market. Despite being NZ delivered and with 89,000kms or thereabouts. I am told there have been recent sales of Aussie delivered cars in the low to mid 600s. It's certainly a lot of money, and then you consider the other cars or options you could have for that coin.

In the UK obviously the choice is much greater and prices lower. I'm quite envious of the situation over there. If I lived in the UK I'd be able to tick off quite a few boxes, especially with classic BMWs which all seem to be gobbled up and tightly held here in Oz.

@Skidmarks thank you for the heads-up, but I'd been looking at the RHD white car.

Thanks for the feedback.

If I was to bring it out, is there a "friendly" transport company anybody might like to recommend that knows how to play the game?

Which, if I understand it properly, is get a "friendly" valuation so that the taxes are reduced as much as possible....because.... if they were to use a current market value of say $400K, I would have to pay $195K in taxes. However, if they were to use, say, the Redbook Price Guide, I would only have to pay $22K in taxes which would make the exercise very doable.

So the range of risk is a bit scary. I could get very, very burnt or be very, very happy.

I would say the trick is the discrepancy between the insured value and the market value.  But the right people would know.  I doubt the person looking at it can discern the difference between a lightly used C2