NSW: 996/997 Drives?

Sherpa

So is there a secret clubhouse where the 996/997 crew organise drives in or around Sydney?

I’ve had my 996 for almost a month and haven’t even seen another one of our generation on the road. I did get a wave from a 991 driver yesterday though, bless him.

Just drove my 996 to work today. It is my daily, although I have been taking the Macan more lately because it has heated seats and it is stupidly cold here in the highlands ;)

12 minutes ago, MFX said:

Just drove my 996 to work today. It is my daily, although I have been taking the Macan more lately because it has heated seats and it is stupidly cold here in the highlands ;)

Mine’s my daily too. I was expecting I’d cross paths with a few of you in my travels, but not one yet.

I just sold a car with heated seats, I’ll miss them the most… 😅

I drive my 6.1 cab as a daily and it has heated seats 😉

the only problem is I don’t drive daily with WFH for the past 15 months 😢.

I have suggested to dreamr  that we do need to organise a drive either up to Wollombi or maybe head sth to meet up with Jeff.

28 minutes ago, tomo said:

All the Porsche crew down my way keep them in the shed all shiny :( Just  looking at the 6.2 800 ks of road crap and bad weather on her , No point cleaning her  more crap weather  on the way :)

Yeah, I bought mine to drive, not polish 😁

53 minutes ago, jakroo said:

I don't have a 996 or 997 so I drive mine whenever I feel like it and with whoever I feel like which is almost daily and no one respectively.

In other words .. the cool kids let you tag along ..

You're  probably getting flashbacks from school days .. 😏

2 hours ago, Dreamr said:

In other words .. the cool kids let you tag along ..

You're  probably getting flashbacks from school days .. 😏

actually no - read it again you numpty ... as I mentioned I don't drive with anyone so there's no 'cool', or 'not cool' kids involved.

In terms of flashbacks, my memory is shot so anything past last week is a blur (which is lucky cos I don't want to recall you at all 🙂 )

I drive 996.2 every chance I get, which usually means on a weekend. Recently have been doing trip from the Central Coast to Yarramalong, Wisemans Ferry and then either through Galston Gorge or just turn around and back via Spencer.....

On 24/06/2021 at 20:59, Sherpa said:

So is there a secret clubhouse where the 996/997 crew organise drives in or around Sydney?

I’ve had my 996 for almost a month and haven’t even seen another one of our generation on the road. I did get a wave from a 991 driver yesterday though, bless him.

We started a Porsche group at the Sunshine Coast about 5-6 years ago and now have over a 100 folk with cars involved.  We meet every Monday after a drive.  We always seem to get plenty of cars and many 996 and 997's there every week. If we miss a week for a national holiday, the whingeing ....  The trick is - no membership, no committee, no fees and just car talk and drives.