Hood struts

Yep. I have them on my car, particularly as mine had a fibreglass bonnet. The factory ones bow the bonnet and it won't sit flat so these did the job. I had to fiddle with them a bit to get them to work right, but now they are great. You just need to make sure no one else tries to close your bonnet and bends/breaks it, as you need to lift it is a cam lock type deal. 

Just now, MFX said:

Yep. I have them on my car, particularly as mine had a fibreglass bonnet. The factory ones bow the bonnet and it won't sit flat so these did the job. I had to fiddle with them a bit to get them to work right, but now they are great. You just need to make sure no one else tries to close your bonnet and bends/breaks it, as you need to lift it is a cam lock type deal. 

Yeah, that's a concern if I need to drop the car to someone for a service or whatever...

34 minutes ago, pocketscience said:

Yeah, that's a concern if I need to drop the car to someone for a service or whatever...

I think with the steel bonnet on the T or 993 it's not going to be an issue, even the most ham fisted mechanic would get a little resistance and not force it down, you would think ...

I've ordered 4, I'll let you know how they go 👍

9 hours ago, epilot said:

I think with the steel bonnet on the T or 993 it's not going to be an issue, even the most ham fisted mechanic would get a little resistance and not force it down, you would think ...

You would hope, but I have heard of people getting kinked bonnets by some numpty 'trying to help out'.

9 hours ago, epilot said:

I've ordered a set as well... fingers crossed..

3 hours ago, Rod C said:

First review on their page was not very encouraging.

True, and the same guy had a thread in the Pelican forums saying pretty much the same. Quite a few other folk seem to have had reasonable success with them... same with pretty much any 3rd party product I guess... you take your chances and hope it works out... 

2 hours ago, pocketscience said:

.. same with pretty much any 3rd party product I guess... you take your chances and hope it works out... 

Pretty well anything would have to be better than the standard joby's .

I installed these in my '70 today.. after Craig goaded me with a pic of his installed! 😂 Reasonably easy in the scheme of things. Lost some knuckle skin as it is tight - especially on the fuel tank side. Gotta say I'm pretty bloody happy with them. They don't feel flimsy at all, even though you get a new appreciation for the weight of our hoods! They're not finicky either once you've done it a couple of times - pop hood, lift hood to full extension and let it rest back down, then lift hood and lower all the way down. Simple.

(note to self: Remind Autohaus they are there on Monday!)

The Rennline fully mechanical hood strut will not fail for the life of the product, and therefore carries a lifetime warranty.

So, does that mean, as soon as it fails, it is at the end of it’s life and therefore not covered by warranty.? 🤔

11 hours ago, pocketscience said:

That verbiage is not unique to this product... there's a billion other products on the planet that claim lifetime warranty in the same (ambiguous) way.

I realise that it is not a unique warranty, I’m just getting old and grumpy and tired of all the BS guarantees.

Life time warranty means different things in different countries. It some it means your (but only as owner of the product) lifetime. In others it means until the company brings out a new or improved product.