Numeric Racing shifter for 911sc

Bondiscwb

Hi all

Just an FYI - I recently ordered a Numeric Racing shifter, knob and shift coupler as an alternative short shifter to Rennshift, Wevo, etc. It has a very industrial look that appeals to me but won't to others and that's fine. Pics below and eventually I'll get time to install it (once I've finished the current job installing fresh shocks, turbo tie rods, ball joints, camber plates, discs, master cylinder...) and if anyone's interested, I'll let you know what I think about it!

Happy to take more pics if people want to see different angles or details.

https://store.numericracing.com/collections/g-body-transmission

image.thumb.png.4780085b0b478fc5a4f3cb7f2c30f3b6.png

image.thumb.png.de967013f4049876b67a475cd7f7bd20.png

Liking that mate. I bought a high rise Hargett shifter to be different. Very cool looking thing, yet I had many problems trying to adjust it correctly, then the main shaft snapped because it had an old stress fracture. Had a new one made (at $220) and still couldn't get it adjusted, so I ended up with a Wevo. 

24 minutes ago, Bondiscwb said:

That Hargett shifter was very cool IMHO. When I saw it, I tried to see if it was possible to buy now but they're NLA.

I'm going to leave the shifter uncovered because I like the look of it. Hopefully not too much dirt, noise etc come through!

Yeah it was a cool thing the Hargett, and it was the perfect position about 150-200mm from the steering wheel, though it wasn't very solidly built in my opinion. The bloke I sold it to (Reece) has a V8 in his 911 and mucked around with it a bit, yet he loves it.

I thought yours may transmit some noise, but who cares...it looks good! 😁👍

11 hours ago, Bondiscwb said:

That Hargett shifter was very cool IMHO. When I saw it, I tried to see if it was possible to buy now but they're NLA.

I'm going to leave the shifter uncovered because I like the look of it. Hopefully not too much dirt, noise etc come through!

IMO the most important part of getting the 915 gear change right is the coupler/bushes adjustment.

It takes time to learn how to get that perfect - and then you can add an improved shifter arrangement.

So while you are waiting for your Numeric Racing shifter to arrive,  get your coupler/bushes adjustment just right with the best bush material (round  or oval hole) and best spline ( + in&out ) position.

thanks for the sage advice, @Zelrik911! I also bought the coupler from Numeric, which is far more solid that the OEM version - despite some concerns about this putting extra pressure on the transmission by reducing the play. I was planning to install the shifter first then the coupler - just to see the difference. Maybe I should do it the other way around?