992 vs 991 - A new favourite

WGA

Interested to hear how you find the ride between the 992 touring compared to the older RS. All reports say that the 992 is a rougher ride than previous GT3's, but it would be good to hear from someone who has really experienced both back to back.

1 hour ago, Raven said:

What are your likes and Dislikes with the 992 Touring compared to the RS ..??

After hearing/reading all the stuff about hard ride, darty steering, etc…I approached my 992 Touring with apprehension. And now I can now honestly say, WTF was all the fuss about?

My 992 Touring rides way better than my RS. It also rides way better than my past 991.2 Touring and GT3. Sure the ride is reasonably sharp when crossing cat’s eyes and the like…but so are the others. The ride is definitely firm but incredibly fluid and sophisticated when above 60kph.

Its torquier than the RS, quieter at highway cruising, and yet very punchy at low speed. it genuinely feels more responsive and stronger than the RS. And I think it sounds pretty good at both low and high speed. However, the RS has more low speed drivetrain/gearbox chatter than the 992.

Overall, I really like my Touring. It’s my new favorite.

17 hours ago, WGA said:

After hearing/reading all the stuff about hard ride, darty steering, etc…I approached my 992 Touring with apprehension. And now I can now honestly say, WTF was all the fuss about?

My 992 Touring rides way better than my RS. It also rides way better than my past 991.2 Touring and GT3. Sure the ride is reasonably sharp when crossing cat’s eyes and the like…but so are the others. The ride is definitely firm but incredibly fluid and sophisticated when above 60kph.

Its torquier than the RS, quieter at highway cruising, and yet very punchy at low speed. it genuinely feels more responsive and stronger than the RS. And I think it sounds pretty good at both low and high speed. However, the RS has more low speed drivetrain/gearbox chatter than the 992.

Overall, I really like my Touring. It’s my new favorite.

This is good information to know - thanks :Beer: