Sport Classic II wheels wanted

TwoHeadsTas

44 minutes ago, Fishcop said:

Thanks John.  Think these might have been @flamingporsche's wheels I wonder???  I have enquired, they would be refinished gold in any case 🙂 

4 hours ago, Classic Wheels Australia said:

I can supply new replica's, 18x10 & 18x8.
Great quality Italian manufactured.
Give me a call anytime
Ph 0412 622 080
Cheers Cameron

Ring you Sunday Cameron

12 hours ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Thanks John.  Think these might have been @flamingporsche's wheels I wonder???  I have enquired, they would be refinished gold in any case 🙂 

Ring you Sunday Cameron

Nope, not mine.  Mine were OZ Racing - and went to Shedpest who had them recoloured in grey for his GT3.  

1 hour ago, crsedge said:

They are quite hard to find Peter.

I looked for several months with no luck when COVID stopped production at the factory making Euromeister GT3 18" rims. The factory reopened and I ended up getting the Euromeisters- am very happy with them 😎

AF466672-447B-432A-BFE9-139D94A94ED7.jpeg

Craig, had a set of those and sold them with the LHD GT3 a couple of years ago.  If only......

(But I still have one (slightly bent) as my coffee table 🙂IMG20211201215724.thumb.jpg.0faa4afd8856cfe77a45f918f5d95182.jpg

Where did you get your ducktail from?

46 minutes ago, Shedpest said:

$2265 AUD plus shipping from the Netherlands makes them an expensive set of rims, then a set of tyres.

True, but sometimes people do want the real thing and if they are as scarce as has been suggested then might be a viable option.

7 hours ago, Mttel said:

Not sure if these would be suitable as they are 19s and O/S.

F27CBF54-7FB9-49AA-98C0-99205297F008.png

Had these on our first 987 Boxster, lovely wheel, but the ride on the 19's was a bit harsh.  I like the softer ride of the 18"s and higher tyre walls.  On this particular car, ride comfort will be a higher priority than performance (otherwise I wouldn't have sold the GT3 🙂 )

2 hours ago, Mttel said:

True, but sometimes people do want the real thing and if they are as scarce as has been suggested then might be a viable option.

I like those wheels. Very 'BBS style' - Classic look, yet still OEM Porsche. 

I realise @TwoHeadsTas has said he is not keen, however not sure those are correct fitment for 996 C2 Narrow Body.  Those offsets seem to me to suit widebody? 

So, on my C4S for example... 😎

40 minutes ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

I have an enquiry in about combined postage....

I went with the Stuttgart Classic carbon + 3rd brake light (not cheap) but wanted the full lid version. Build and delivery indicted to be 7/8 weeks. Initially will leave as gloss finish over the carbon but will eventually paint the same colour as the car once I get side skirts and maybe front bumper sorted (need to stop as already +50% of the purchase price on maintenance and improvements, lucky it was a relatively low starting point).

RPM wore out the mould for their 3rd brake light narrow body version and are indicating +1 year before they get a new one. Most of the others I could find via google, reviews seemed to be that the fit tolerance were relaxed and required a good body shop to make it look right for even gaps all around. With the option you have of replacing the lift up lid this maybe not so big and issue.

Rims are 18 Oz Racing Alleggerita (just updated profile pic).