Used Car Dealers generally - Melbourne

Evening all

We are looking for a Boxster, looking to spend $30-$45k.  Have just spent a couple of days looking around Melbourne, and just want to ask a couple of questions.

Firstly, neither new car dealership had anything close to this value car on their used lots.  Am I right in assuming they only want to keep high $ value, recent used cars in their used lot, and they wholesale their older trades to the other used car prestige businesses?

I found a few possible vehicles, and was quite impressed with the genera presentation of the dealers and their salesmen, but I would appreciate getting any info on people's experiences in buying cars from RSR Garage, Teller Autos and Ezy Autos.  Also any annecdotal info would be useful, particularly where these guys stand value wise in the market - eg top $$ but room to move etc.  Happy to get PMs if you'd rather not post openly.

thanks

THT

Teller Autos have that dark grey 986 Boxster S, former doctors car right? I looked at that car last year.  They have had it for sale for a very long time. They occasionally increase the price and then lower it.  I'd low ball them on that car and tell them you want the small dents removed (if they are still there). 

I've never bought a car from Rob at RSR Garage but I have to say I am quite impressed with him as a person.  He is not pushy, he's helpful, he really knows a lot about Porsche and he tries to buy good stock.  Last thing Rob wants is people to have headaches when they buy cars from him.  I really dont' think you can go wrong if you like what he has for sale.

As with every used car - PPI regardless of where the car is being bought.

Porsche Dealers are funny - sometimes I see cars that are in the $50k starting point and then other times they are way more expensive. I think they only keep the cream of the crop stock.

Good luck with the shopping :)

amanda

What about the exploding IMS , you posted that video!

No , you want air cooled , you know you do. They are appreciating assets as well. You can even see the engine , which is important.

What about the exploding IMS , you posted that video!

No , you want air cooled , you know you do. They are appreciating assets as well. You can even see the engine , which is important.

I didn't post that link for me taz, was for the OP. He's looking for a Boxster :)

I do want air cooled - no change there.

Thanks Amanda.  I drove this car, my first Porsche drive actually, and I really loved it.  Looks a treat, and I would have been interested in talking turkey with them.  We intend to try to buy a car through my wife's salary packaging - it will be her car actually, to replace the MX5 which we also love driving, but big difference obviously :)   However, having just built a new house, and still having the old one which we're about to sell, and being told by the estate agent today it's worth about $40k less that we thought :( , we have decided we need to sell that first and then re-assess our finance position before committing.  I will, of course, keep looking in the meantime...

We've had a reasonably long history with sports cars, had MGs for quite a few years and did a lot of club level motorsport until kids came along.  I also drove a friends Ferrari 308GTB in the very first Targa Tasmania. Out of MGs until a couple of years ago when Dianne decided she wanted another 2 dr convertible, and MX5 was a much better and more reliable drive than an MGF.  Now time to think about upgrading.  

cheers and thanks

Peter

Teller Autos have that dark grey 986 Boxster S, former doctors car right? I looked at that car last year.  They have had it for sale for a very long time. They occasionally increase the price and then lower it.  I'd low ball them on that car and tell them you want the small dents removed (if they are still there). 

I've never bought a car from Rob at RSR Garage but I have to say I am quite impressed with him as a person.  He is not pushy, he's helpful, he really knows a lot about Porsche and he tries to buy good stock.  Last thing Rob wants is people to have headaches when they buy cars from him.  I really dont' think you can go wrong if you like what he has for sale.

As with every used car - PPI regardless of where the car is being bought.

Porsche Dealers are funny - sometimes I see cars that are in the $50k starting point and then other times they are way more expensive. I think they only keep the cream of the crop stock.

Good luck with the shopping :)

amanda

• 2 years later...

SEO spam.  The poster is trying to get 'link juice' form this site to their own site.  Note his link uses the exact term he wants to rank for.  He probably did a search and found this post, eh fe dragging up the thread from the dead.

mods: just delete the link from the post and spammer will be scuppered.

Highly likely but we aim to be a polite and helpful group. :rolleyes:

That's the "good cop" talking................I reckon we cancel his membership and block any access. That'll teach him!:ph34r:

Persistent!

now why would someone in London want an opinion on a Mercedes car price on nan Australian car site!

bbc- doesn't matter if you click, spammer wants google to crawl the page and read the link, and associate the term with his site URL, counting PFA as a 'vote' for that site as credible relating to the term (which I won't repeat!)

i say delete him again!

Archived