The search is on for a 1976 Porsche

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Buy it! We need more colours :P

Well it was close but I think I am going to pass on this one and have a closer look at the white one in QLD and Mikes.

I had Simon go over the car and went down for a look myself while on the hoist. Looks great, a few little things that need doing but nothing that isn't fixable with a bit of time and a few $$$. The killer for me is being built in 75, confirmed by Porsche to have came off the line in September 75. With two great looking 76 ones on offer I will have a closer look at them and then make a decision.

I hope to have one of them parked in the garage by the end of the month.

Thanks guys, appreciate the feedback.

Three PPI's have been conducted thus far (white C3 QLD, Yellow C3 local and Mikes) which makes it much easier to make a decision whether to fly interstate to view a prospective purchase. From the PPI and speaking to the mechanic who conducted it I have been able to rule out the two interstate cars for me but Mikes would make a great buy for the right person and a top bloke to deal with.

At this stage the yellow one, although a 75 built car ticks almost every one of my boxes. An extensive history is the only thing letting this car down along with a couple of slow synchros. Given it's condition I am sure I can over look a couple of months and concentrate on the fact it is an extremely tidy 76 model Carrera C3.

I have a lead on one more car which I hope to chase down this morning and then it's time to part with come cash.

Cheers

Ben

Sounds great Ben.

" along with a couple of slow synchros"

Just be careful with this mate.

A gearbox rebuild can be a major cost.

Ask the dude that did the PPI the worst case for a rebuild.

You can spend between $8 and $12k on these things.

If you have factored this in , even better.

A car this age its not just a matter of replacing a few synchros.

Can't wait for the pics.

Good luck.  :)

Thanks Vas. Simon from Autowerks has given me an estimate for the repair of the box but as you know while the engine is out there will be plenty of "well, while it's out we may as well replace this and that and oh this too". So the current owner and I have agreed to reduce the negotiated price by the parts and labour cost of the actual box repair estimate and go halves in the engine removal and reinstall. In total about 80% of the quote which I am happy with.

Speaking with Simon and also having driven it, their slow but it is very drivable. In time I will get the engine and box fully rebuilt, engine bay tidied up and new clutch etc. No point in dropping it out twice, will just do a major overhall all in one hit. Once I build up the bank balance again.

Picking her up in the morning so I will get some pictures and post them up when I get out of it. Give me a week or two. ;)

Thanks guys.

The colour has really grown on me and there cant be too many C3's in Talbot yellow in Oz.

It was re-trimmed about 10 years ago and has travelled around 10,000km in that time so from memory the interior is perfect. I am going to go right over it again in the morning but I am sure it will be every bit as good as I remember.

I seem to remember a slight ripple in the dash but I can't be sure. Looks perfect in the picture below when Autohaus sold it 4-5 years ago.

int%20pass.jpg

int%20driv.jpg

Picked her up at 0800 this morning and have just got home, 1700hrs. Clocked up about 250km's today and loved every bit of it.

Just a couple of pics, more to come over the next week once I give her a detail.

3P1A1234_zps72d73022.jpg

3P1A1248_zpsb756f439.jpg

3P1A1245_zpsc2570ae1.jpg

Archived