996.3 hotrod

tomo

That was a great read ... must be fantastic to drive. Given the costs to rebuild The M96/7 that a few people have talked about here lately, I wonder how long before someone makes this a more repeatable process and it becomes the standard option for sorting a 996 or 997 with a stuffed donk?

2 hours ago, JWM said:

That was a great read ... must be fantastic to drive. Given the costs to rebuild The M96/7 that a few people have talked about here lately, I wonder how long before someone makes this a more repeatable process and it becomes the standard option for sorting a 996 or 997 with a stuffed donk?

Yes it's a pity we here In Oz get ripped for everything 997 3.8 build by Hartech in the UK 8700 quid.

https://www.hartech.org/porsche-engine-rebuilds/rebuild-prices

15 minutes ago, tomo said:

Yes it's a pity we here In Oz get ripped for everything 997 3.8 build by Hartech in the UK 8700 quid.

https://www.hartech.org/porsche-engine-rebuilds/rebuild-prices

Less than what I spent on mine to just fix a cracked head and do a bit of a tidy up of the top end …

I've always liked Jethro's style of writing, and his summary of the car and his personal thoughts is perfect.

No it's not a GT3 or an air cooled, yet having driven a few air cooleds and both standard and modified 996's, I'd say you get the best of both worlds for under $100k 

Now we just need a decent video of his car to annoy the shit out of me 🙄😁

27 minutes ago, LeeM said:

I've always liked Jethro's style of writing, and his summary of the car and his personal thoughts is perfect.

No it's not a GT3 or an air cooled, yet having driven a few air cooleds and both standard and modified 996's, I'd say you get the best of both worlds for under $100k 

Now we just need a decent video of his car to annoy the shit out of me 🙄😁

I was thinking when I read it I'd love to see another one of his videos, like the one's he did when he got this car (I didn't realise it was so long ago!) ... Might feed my 996 hankerings a bit too much as well though 😅

58 minutes ago, JWM said:

I was thinking when I read it I'd love to see another one of his videos, like the one's he did when he got this car (I didn't realise it was so long ago!) ... Might feed my 996 hankerings a bit too much as well though 😅

Mate, I went straight to carsales immediately after reading this thread 🙄