996 Carbon Fibre Centre Console Delete

Carrera28

8 hours ago, Carrera28 said:

Centre console delete is one of the best improvements for a 996 and this option in carbon fibre provides a different look.

https://www.rennline.com/carbon-fiber-center-console-delete-i110

I110-5__74619.1680187240.jpg?c=1

Bar it being carbon, What's the point it looks the same as what's in there? Your leg would still be hitting the side of the console, What am I missing?

11 hours ago, tomo said:

Bar it being carbon, What's the point it looks the same as what's in there? Your leg would still be hitting the side of the console, What am I missing?

The centre console delete option creates a significant amount of additional leg room.  The standard centre console comes forward flush with the dash:

pic01.jpg

If you remove this you are left with a significant amount of space but it looks messy:

20200818_185034.jpg

The option from the 996 GT3 however has a carpet covered replacement that covers this area:

center-console-delete.jpg

CONSOLE-DELETE.jpg

This option enables the same additional leg space but the replacement piece is made of carbon fibre:

I110-INSTALL-WEB-2__15054.1687527739.jpg

If you compare the original photo to this one you will see there a significant amount of extra space under the dash.  If you are tall or someone who is longer in the legs, this additional room is fantastic as the 996 steering wheel is only adjustable in and out, but does not adjust up and down making leg room cramped.

7 hours ago, PhilH said:

I had the carpet covered GT3 console delete unit in my 996.  Was great for leg room but nowhere to put all the little bits and pieces I tend to keep in the car (996.1 with no glove box) so I have taken it out.  

If you look on Etsy,Ebay etc and other sites you will see sellers making 3d printed items to create space:

il_794xN.4559783593_2mak.jpg

But with modern phones being so big you can't really get a phone in there unfortunately.  I have wired a charging plug into the storage box between the seats so can keep my phone in there on charge.  

On 26/06/2023 at 09:27, 911CSR said:

There is a guys on Instragram, Werkstatte (https://www.instagram.com/werkstatte_) that is doing a 3d printedone. Here is the link the the item: https://www.instagram.com/p/CppcFKYO-4c/

I have msg'd him and he is working on it, maybe if a few people enquire he might get some impetus  ;) 

That is Michel

• 4 weeks later...

Howdy all 

I’ve been busy with other issues, so mostly non contactable 

the gt3 delete is still been progressed . Almost resolved an issue with stability of materials and fitment 

a reminder this project started with a friend,  too have a delete , yet still retain HVAC functionality when a DBL DIN unit is installed 

the HVAC control wizardry  issue is also progressing 

with all who expressed interest will update ASAP 

meanwhile if there is any functionality of the console you want addressed or possible feature included e.g extra bosses for affixing cup holder /phone mount 

You be welcome to throw out your ideas