300k, what 911 should i get?

My #1 issue is the cupholder. There are others but they all pale into insignificance next to that. Obviously if you don't drink in the car, no issue.

Long story short the cupholder is in the wrong spot. Almost as if it was a total oversight. You can't even use it in a manual car that is how badly designed it is.

For me it is a deal breaker on a daily.

Edit: forgot to mention that the cupholder on early cars was recalled due to fouling the parking brake. I've seen more than a few 992s advertised with only the tray insert.

Ahh coffee in the left hand right on the wheel and PDK. 

This magsafe seems to be a hit as well. 

Screenshot_20231203_174648.jpg

Ny biggest dilemma is get a used well specced 992 CS now or wait for 992.2 next year and order new base model. 

Either way, 992 should drop in value next year even more so? With 992.2 announcement in Jan I'm thinking..?  

• 1 month later...

So.. i picked up 992 from porsche still got new car warranty.  Plan is to keep it until 992.2 gets announced and reassess if I should place order in for .2 or keep this until next Gen. 

As for the 992, I have no issue with cup holder I actually find it much better than Macan I am 6ft and I have my seat fair way back. 

Couple issues that I do have is window trim alignment, camera doesn't capture it as well as i see it and it really triggers my OCD every time i look at it. The other annoying thing is squeaking seat. 

Also more serious i had engine go into limp mode today literally min after i handed the keys to my mate to see how she handles, after turning car on and off it went away and car ran great. I've read it could be as minor as too much oil, or as bad as need to replace injector. I plugged in old OBDII reader there was no codes present so ill take it back to the dealer for a checkup. 

Overall loving the car!! Just needs a little more vocal exhaust, PSE just doesnt give enough. Lambo that was driving behind me was on another planet and made me envious. 

20240126_190735.jpg

20240126_190604.jpg

Screenshot_20240126_201134.jpg

13 minutes ago, 911rox said:

It'll be interesting to see what the 992.2 final spec is but the front bumper ain't looking amazing. Probably won't be worth the update but you can reassess if you like what you see.

Congrats on the new ride @PotsAndPans!

Thanks 911Rox! 

Yeah same, not a fan of the look. But I also didn't like the spy photos of the macan but after seeing it yesterday it's growing on me a little, I like the front guards and the bonnet. Not sure about the rear reminds me of one of those Chinese electric cars.

But definitely not going to trade in my petrol variant for electric, probably make move to cayenne instead.

9 hours ago, PotsAndPans said:

So.. i picked up 992 from porsche still got new car warranty.  Plan is to keep it until 992.2 gets announced and reassess if I should place order in for .2 or keep this until next Gen. 

As for the 992, I have no issue with cup holder I actually find it much better than Macan I am 6ft and I have my seat fair way back. 

Couple issues that I do have is window trim alignment, camera doesn't capture it as well as i see it and it really triggers my OCD every time i look at it. The other annoying thing is squeaking seat. 

Also more serious i had engine go into limp mode today literally min after i handed the keys to my mate to see how she handles, after turning car on and off it went away and car ran great. I've read it could be as minor as too much oil, or as bad as need to replace injector. I plugged in old OBDII reader there was no codes present so ill take it back to the dealer for a checkup. 

Overall loving the car!! Just needs a little more vocal exhaust, PSE just doesnt give enough. Lambo that was driving behind me was on another planet and made me envious. 

20240126_190735.jpg

20240126_190604.jpg

Did you get a large discount,? I am with you the line of the door trim would frustrate the sh#t out of me. 

1 hour ago, tomo said:

Did you get a large discount,? I am with you the line of the door trim would frustrate the sh#t out of me. 

I overpaid for sure,when you add the transport cost and paint correction to get it to my level. But I am okay with that, I bought it unseen from East. 

I wanted factory warranty, aero kit and few other options as a minimum and there wasn't many of those around so I guess you take what you can get. 

Window trim seems like few other have posted about on rennlist. Dealer might be able to align, so will see what they say. 

Oh another note, I think Bose system is brilliant. I've read people saying it's terrible but I was actually blow away how good it is, and think of my self as audiophile. 

6 hours ago, PotsAndPans said:

I overpaid for sure,when you add the transport cost and paint correction to get it to my level. But I am okay with that, I bought it unseen from East. 

I wanted factory warranty, aero kit and few other options as a minimum and there wasn't many of those around so I guess you take what you can get. 

Window trim seems like few other have posted about on rennlist. Dealer might be able to align, so will see what they say. 

Oh another note, I think Bose system is brilliant. I've read people saying it's terrible but I was actually blow away how good it is, and think of my self as audiophile. 

Yes, sure a fix it would be available for the trim. Would have thought the paint correction guys could have tackled it for you.

17 hours ago, PotsAndPans said:

20240126_190735.jpg

20240126_190604.jpg

Congrats @PotsAndPans….. would love to see a few more photos of your new ride.

I don’t think I could possibly care less about my cup holder if I tried…. Just loving every part of the 992 driving experience.  They are a fantastic package. Agree that the BOSE is great, but the steering is the highlight for me.  

IMG_5087.jpeg

IMG_5085.jpeg

1 hour ago, Rick V said:

Congrats @PotsAndPans….. would love to see a few more photos of your new ride.

I don’t think I could possibly care less about my cup holder if I tried…. Just loving every part of the 992 driving experience.  They are a fantastic package. Agree that the BOSE is great, but the steering is the highlight for me.  

IMG_5087.jpeg

IMG_5085.jpeg

That's very nice! 

Here's few of mine. I've been told racing yellow will be discounted next year. 

Polish_20240127_152651899.jpg

20240119_214644.jpg