300k, what 911 should i get?

2 hours ago, PotsAndPans said:

Just noticed interest rates gone up. This might spice up the carsales a little. Maybe see some 992 gt3's under 470k 

I doubt 992 GT3 owners are at risk of feeling the pinch of interest rate increases. 

Lambo SUV owners on the other hand……….

3 hours ago, PotsAndPans said:

Hi 911ROX, 

Appreciate your feedback on what realistic market conditions. 

Just noticed interest rates gone up. This might spice up the carsales a little. Maybe see some 992 gt3's under 470k 

No problems 👍 Only too happy to share some insight considering I just went through the exercise myself. 

The 991 and 992 GT guys have an added hurdle to overcome and that is oversupply. Sooner or later these sellers are going to have to adjust expectations if they genuinely want to sell. Following both for the moment in case a new car allocation doesn't materialise and many sellers are just testing the market. Rates will certainly do no favours, particularly if we see another hit before Christmas. 

38 minutes ago, 911rox said:

No problems 👍 Only too happy to share some insight considering I just went through the exercise myself. 

The 991 and 992 GT to overcome and that is oversupply. Sooner or later these sellers are going to have to adjust expectations if they genuinely want to sell. Following both for the moment in case a new car allocation doesn't materialise and many sellers are just testing the market. Rates will certainly do no favours, particularly if we see another hit before Christmas. 

Ah i wasn't aware of the 991 oversupply or number of them made? 

I was starting to lean more towards 991.1 RS  as my evo was roughly 475kw and just under 1600kgs and also had increased redline to 8400rpm.  I know you cant really compare evo to 911 but regardless 997 would be slow on the straights. 

I had put my name down on wait list for 992 gt3 3 years ago! They told me at the time list had over 200 names on the list. 

Bit annoyed at myself for not taking some profits from the market at that time as since then it went down substantially. 

Live and learn. 

Maybe Jan 2024 might be good time for car buyers hehe

12 minutes ago, PotsAndPans said:

Ah i wasn't aware of the 991 oversupply or number of them made? 

I was starting to lean more towards 991.1 RS  as my evo was roughly 475kw and just under 1600kgs and also had increased redline to 8400rpm.  I know you cant really compare evo to 911 but regardless 997 would be slow on the straights. 

I had put my name down on wait list for 992 gt3 3 years ago! They told me at the time list had over 200 names on the list. 

Bit annoyed at myself for not taking some profits from the market at that time as since then it went down substantially. 

Live and learn. 

Maybe Jan 2024 might be good time for car buyers hehe

991 GT production numbers are probably double if not more compared to earlier generations. In the US market, almost triple.

More importantly in our market there are currently probably close to 20 991 RS cars available. For 991.1 RS, the spread is over $100k from cheapest to most expensive, similar story for 991.2 RSs... If 991 RSs aren't being snapped up at $330k after a month which is currently the case, what chance have those at $420k+ got.

Re 997, yes it's only weakness is the straight due to 435hp. Killer car under brakes and in the corners, amazing on country roads.I would spank McLarens around Phillip Island only to get overtaken down the main straight with a 200hp deficit 😂 In saying that, I have spanked a v8 supercar replica with a claimed 550rwhp around Sandown! 

Ps. Only reason you weren't offered a 992 GT3 car P&P is because times were good in 2021-2 with low rates and the dealers were cocky. We also have started to follow the US here whereby they seem to want to qualify buyers of GT cars by making them buy lesser cars during the good times. When the economy is tanked such as 2010 when I bought my GT3 things were very different. 

If non or occasional track use, how about a 991.2 T for low 200s and throw a tune at it.  Manual or PDK available.  Hard to beat for value.

b9e9ubq9642wxc3sbzlr44hev.jpg?pxc_method=fitfill&pxc_width=480

2018 Porsche 911 Carrera T 991 II Manual MY18

• Coupe
  • 6cyl 3.0 L T Petrol
  • Manual
  • 38,857 km

Private

For more information on this item please visit:
https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2018-porsche-911-carrera-t-991-ii-manual-my18/SSE-AD-15757501

1 hour ago, DJM said:

If non or occasional track use, how about a 991.2 T for low 200s and throw a tune at it.  Manual or PDK available.  Hard to beat for value.

b9e9ubq9642wxc3sbzlr44hev.jpg?pxc_method=fitfill&pxc_width=480

2018 Porsche 911 Carrera T 991 II Manual MY18

• Coupe
  • 6cyl 3.0 L T Petrol
  • Manual
  • 38,857 km

Private

For more information on this item please visit:
https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2018-porsche-911-carrera-t-991-ii-manual-my18/SSE-AD-15757501

I wouldn't want to void my warranty to be honest.

I am not a fan of piggyback or sending ecu for a flash. It's my belief if you are going to tune it to do it right by someone who knows the ecu well and get it done on the dyno not rought thumb suck on air fuel ratio map based on the geographic location / and type of fuel you get in that area... on a 50k engine! 

I've done 100s of 3rd gear pulls down the freeway tuning my evo with laptop eliminating whole the car. That was nerve wrecking always looking over my shoulder. One time I had waste gate screw loosen it self and caused overboost it sacred the shit out of me and legit pinned me in the seat lucky I left off throttle as quick as I could. When I checked the logs it hit 41psi !  

In saying that I don't think there is anyone in WA that can do custom dyno tunes on new Porsches? I had look years back for my Macan not sure if things have changed. 

Cheers

4 hours ago, 911rox said:

991 GT production numbers are probably double if not more compared to earlier generations. In the US market, almost triple.

More importantly in our market there are currently probably close to 20 991 RS cars available. For 991.1 RS, the spread is over $100k from cheapest to most expensive, similar story for 991.2 RSs... If 991 RSs aren't being snapped up at $330k after a month which is currently the case, what chance have those at $420k+ got.

Re 997, yes it's only weakness is the straight due to 435hp. Killer car under brakes and in the corners, amazing on country roads.I would spank McLarens around Phillip Island only to get overtaken down the main straight with a 200hp deficit 😂 In saying that, I have spanked a v8 supercar replica with a claimed 550rwhp around Sandown! 

Ps. Only reason you weren't offered a 992 GT3 car P&P is because times were good in 2021-2 with low rates and the dealers were cocky. We also have started to follow the US here whereby they seem to want to qualify buyers of GT cars by making them buy lesser cars during the good times. When the economy is tanked such as 2010 when I bought my GT3 things were very different. 

Yeah I've been looking at the two 991.1 RS, sitting at 330s.  Wonder how long they will last or if they will come down lower. 

Mate you must be good behind the wheel! to loose McLaren with with 997 and stick shift! Well done!

4 minutes ago, PotsAndPans said:

Yeah I've been looking at the two 991.1 RS, sitting at 330s.  Wonder how long they will last or if they will come down lower. 

Mate you must be good behind the wheel! to loose McLaren with with 997 and stick shift! Well done!

The red one at $338k has been there for the last 6 weeks that I've been following the market and I can't understand why it isn't selling at $100k discount relative to others for sale which also aren't moving? The white RS listed for $329k seems to have several marks on the body from what I can see and therefore may be a little rough? Don't know...

Probably a lot braver or more stupid through the twisty parts of the track and would easily reel them in :)

Are the newer generation cars going to drop in value? Yes because of their vast numbers and for many of the reasons stated in that video.

Are the older generations going to suffer as much? No, I don't feel so because they are more limited in numbers and still very sort after.

It's a vehicle by vehicle proposition and not necessarily a case of all Porsche cars tanking. 

My interest is GT variants. The 996RS and 997RS variants will go from strength to strength or at the very least hold, the 991RS variants are plentiful in worldwide numbers and forever available for sale... It is evident for the moment that 991 prices are on a downward trajectory. Wide spread in pricing and cars not selling at below market prices. He made a similar point on 992 cars in the UK market. 

I always buy cars with the expectation that I will lose money on them. If occasionally one proves me wrong, I take that as a pleasant and welcomed surprise 😉

12 hours ago, PotsAndPans said:

Get Out While You Can! The Crazy PORSCHE Market is Officially FINISHED - Here's The PROOF"

Thoughts ? 

The market will cool but still likely have some legs until the boomer wealth generation has passed. Hard to see the next generations having the disposable income to splash circa 500k on a luxury item such as a sports car, especially as it becomes a depreciating asset. Will be affordable for the 0.5%. 

12 hours ago, 911rox said:

Are the newer generation cars going to drop in value? Yes because of their vast numbers and for many of the reasons stated in that video.

Are the older generations going to suffer as much? No, I don't feel so because they are more limited in numbers and still very sort after.

It's a vehicle by vehicle proposition and not necessarily a case of all Porsche cars tanking. 

My interest is GT variants. The 996RS and 997RS variants will go from strength to strength or at the very least hold, the 991RS variants are plentiful in worldwide numbers and forever available for sale... It is evident for the moment that 991 prices are on a downward trajectory. Wide spread in pricing and cars not selling at below market prices. He made a similar point on 992 cars in the UK market. 

I always buy cars with the expectation that I will lose money on them. If occasionally one proves me wrong, I take that as a pleasant and welcomed surprise 😉

I got lucky and am in the black over the past 5-6 cars, it means I can buy what I like without long term view on values as if it takes a giant poo in depreciation i'm still looking good.  

4 minutes ago, cafe_racer said:

I got lucky and am in the black over the past 5-6 cars, it means I can buy what I like without long term view on values as if it takes a giant poo in depreciation i'm still looking good.  

Definitely the ideal situation for sure, nobody aims to lose money. The last few years have provided an ideal environment to buy new and sell at RRP or better within a couple of years although moving forward I think this will be harder...

I just ignore long term values if I'm buying something I like and will enjoy. Drive hard and cross the resale bridge when I get to it. To constantly think about resale means I won't enjoy and use the car as intended (ie. Put kms on it or track driving) 👍

Boomer cars will continue to appreciate in value. Everything else will tank unless the boomers are interested. The fact is if you do a search on the 10 GT4 RS cars that were on carsales a few days ago, 9 of them were under finance (contrary to this forums belief that no-one ever finances a p car).

Modern P cars they made too many of them and for the most part they were bought under finance. Unless enough Boomers are interested, those cars are going to sit until the bank starts kicking the sellers doors in.

" Over the next two decades there will be a major transfer of wealth—collectively, around $84 trillion—from baby boomers to younger generations including their Gen X children. "

Quote from investorpedia. 

I think Hollywood plays a larger role.

Perfect example is Toyota Supra with original fast and the furious.

22 hours ago, sleazius said:

Boomer cars will continue to appreciate in value. Everything else will tank unless the boomers are interested. The fact is if you do a search on the 10 GT4 RS cars that were on carsales a few days ago, 9 of them were under finance (contrary to this forums belief that no-one ever finances a p car).

Modern P cars they made too many of them and for the most part they were bought under finance. Unless enough Boomers are interested, those cars are going to sit until the bank starts kicking the sellers doors in.

Part of being able to get an allocation on those cars was a bit of a wink and a nudge about how going through Porsche finance is preferred. 

1 hour ago, cafe_racer said:

Part of being able to get an allocation on those cars was a bit of a wink and a nudge about how going through Porsche finance is preferred. 

That makes sense, the dealership will give their allocations to buyers that they make the most money out of 😔

• 3 weeks later...

Keeping an eye out on 996.2, 997.2, 991 GT3s but every now and then have a look at 992 S. Came across this highly specced one. Teuffle interrior can pass but that rear wiper...... what an eye sore imo. 

Check out this 2020 Porsche 911 Carrera S 992 Auto MY20.
https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2020-porsche-911-carrera-s-992-auto-my20/OAG-AD-22432800

1 hour ago, sleazius said:

992s have some ergonomic quirks (in my opinion). Be sure you can live with them before you commit to one. If it is a once a month car you probably won't notice too much however.

What sort of quirks are you referring to @sleazius? Hoping to progress to one next myself ... 😁