300k, what 911 should i get?

Looking at birthday ideas for myself

Been wanting 911 for many years, currently budget is 300k must have warranty for that piece of mind so that unfortunately rules out most older beauties. 

Leaning towards 992, possibly S with sports kit purely for looks! as GT3 is bit out of my budget I believe. 

991.2 GTS worth considering? 

What would you get?? 

Sounds like you've already made up your mind! If so go for it. But since you asked for opinions...

It depends what your primary use is. If road driving I'd save your money and get a 997.1 or .2. Stick one of those Porsche head units in for $3.5k to add phone connectivity and have a ball.

If track is your poison, 991.1 GT3 RS is within striking distance I'd imagine, can't see too many genuine offers much past what your budget is in the market currently.

4 hours ago, sleazius said:

Sounds like you've already made up your mind! If so go for it. But since you asked for opinions...

It depends what your primary use is. If road driving I'd save your money and get a 997.1 or .2. Stick one of those Porsche head units in for $3.5k to add phone connectivity and have a ball.

If track is your poison, 991.1 GT3 RS is within striking distance I'd imagine, can't see too many genuine offers much past what your budget is in the market currently.

I haven't considered 997 at all are you talking about mezger engine 997? Turbo / GT

One I had kept my eye on for years was 996.2 gt3 however I don't want to pay over 150k for 996. 

I might keep an eye out for 991.1 rs,  don't plan to track just want that 4L. 

I built evo x for track,509whp very reliable little weapon and it never got tracked had one outing at RAC driver arena. 

I was still in my 20s. I do love occasional sprint drive through hills.  Track was too far away for me, running on e85 also my range was less than 200kms off boost. That would require 4 fuel stops, and e85 was limited to handful of places. 

There were events like race wars here but that didn't interest me as evo is not the type of car you take to those events 5th gear you top out  at 250kmh.. 

I am not collector, nor do I drive like a granny.  In saying that I am not idiot either and have only lost 1 demerit point since my 20s. 

Don't get why all the hate for not tracking or wanting RS?

16 minutes ago, cafe_racer said:

No hate, I mainly think you are best served with a brand new carrera 992 for what you described.  I'd wait for the 992.2 variant which will have all the bells and whistles.

Assuming of course you don't need to know the secret handshake to get one.

1 hour ago, PotsAndPans said:

I was still in my 20s. I do love occasional sprint drive through hills.  Track was too far away for me, running on e85 also my range was less than 200kms off boost. That would require 4 fuel stops, and e85 was limited to handful of places. 

There were events like race wars here but that didn't interest me as evo is not the type of car you take to those events 5th gear you top out  at 250kmh.. 

I am not collector, nor do I drive like a granny.  In saying that I am not idiot either and have only lost 1 demerit point since my 20s. 

Don't get why all the hate for not tracking or wanting RS?

You can't ask for an opinion on here and then get all defensive if you don't like the answers. Don't think there is any hate,just the nature of message type responses. If it was me I would get the best 997.2S that i could get for that kind of money and pocket the rest

1 hour ago, tomk86 said:

992 Carrera T manual, bugger all options and delete rear seats 

I think Porsche increased the RRP by around $40k since it launched, so pushing well over $300k now 

Main reason values have held up so well. They keep increasing the prices every 3-6 months.

I understand your preference is for a car with warranty but if you buy an older & cheaper car you’ll still likely be ahead. For example, a well maintained 997 GT3 at low 200’s, well under budget, will hold its value and plenty left over for any running maintenance costs. My 2 cents. 

21 hours ago, hugh said:

I understand your preference is for a car with warranty but if you buy an older & cheaper car you’ll still likely be ahead. For example, a well maintained 997 GT3 at low 200’s, well under budget, will hold its value and plenty left over for any running maintenance costs. My 2 cents. 

Watched few youtube videos definitely growing on me. Seems like high potential for appreciation. 

Only issue is cheapest 997 listing on carsales is 245k up to 300k, so I assume lower ks and well maintained wouldn't leave me much in the bank. 

997.2 is on a whole different plant.

Cheers

20 minutes ago, PotsAndPans said:

Watched few youtube videos definitely growing on me. Seems like high potential for appreciation. 

Only issue is cheapest 997 listing on carsales is 245k up to 300k, so I assume lower ks and well maintained wouldn't leave me much in the bank. 

Cheers

Forget most of the asking prices, there was a 997.2 GT3 one owner listed for $270k two weeks ago (granted it sold within 48 hours). 

2 hours ago, PotsAndPans said:

Cheers

200-230 for a 997.1, 260-280 for a 997.2. 

On 03/11/2023 at 19:35, PotsAndPans said:

Cheers

Hey PotsAndPans, some solid advice below! a 997.2 GT3 is well within your budget. A clean, one owner with 20k kms recently sold around the $280k mark, my 50k km car mentioned below sold around the $270k mark... From there prices go down... If a 997.2 is of interest, give it some time, be quick to act and vigilant for cars being listed. Best...

On 03/11/2023 at 19:57, tomk86 said:

Forget most of the asking prices, there was a 997.2 GT3 one owner listed for $270k two weeks ago (granted it sold within 48 hours). 

On 03/11/2023 at 22:18, hugh said:

200-230 for a 997.1, 260-280 for a 997.2. 

On 05/11/2023 at 21:54, 911rox said:

Hey PotsAndPans, some solid advice below! a 997.2 GT3 is well within your budget. A clean, one owner with 20k kms recently sold around the $280k mark, my 50k km car mentioned below sold around the $270k mark... From there prices go down... If a 997.2 is of interest, give it some time, be quick to act and vigilant for cars being listed. Best...

Hi 911ROX, 

Appreciate your feedback on what realistic market conditions. 

Just noticed interest rates gone up. This might spice up the carsales a little. Maybe see some 992 gt3's under 470k