PFA KNT Kart Night Targa

9fan

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for a fun night guys.

Well done Hugh on the win.

Big congrats to Kerry, who for one of the big guys drove so well.

Thanks to Mark for the whole night.

Cheers.  :)

Hugh has done it again taking 1st (not bad for a disabled driver....!!!)

followed by Kerry in 2nd and Carmine 3rd.

Sorry for the poor (phone) photo quality, the lighting wasn't the best either.

12013-05-08095229Small_zps5e006e70.jpg

22013-05-08095448Small_zps208f4e6b.jpg

32013-05-08094642Small_zps7d02f4be.jpg

42013-05-08094300Small_zpsab7e8c86.jpg

After a slow start to the night (literally!) I managed to get an ok kart for the finals and scrape through. I did hear one of the crew saying to Vas "they are all pretty much the same" - I drove 3 karts and they all were very different.

As always, great to catch up and thanks again to Mark and Trev for organising the event....................hopefully we can do it again soon!

Great night thanks gents and Ursula.

Huge, that kart 21 was given to me half way through my second race when Kart 29 kept steering where it wanted to go and even though it was carrying a bit (reasonable amount) of excess baggage did not go at all.

Nowhere near the performance of my first Kart in Race 1, and unfortunately I only had 21 for a couple of laps.

I heard that one (21) had just had an engine rebuild so apart from your obvious talent, I think that was a good kart.

Barry struggled with the same Kart 29, a bit of a shame when that happens, going by Vas on his second race I think he may have got a dud as well.

Anyway no more whinging. Still great fun. I am on a no sausage roll diet (except for maybe Newcastle if I get there) so look out you skinny buggers.

Congrats Huge, and great effort from Kerry and Carmine. Sensational drive and fun to watch the battle for the lead also with Mark in the mix.

Also thanks to Trevor and Mark for getting this off the ground again, and of course the staff at auscarts.

Thanks for the photos Jim, and looking forward to seeing some from Harvs.

It was by all accounts a lot more intense than the first KNT last year.  Plenty of argy bargy which made for great viewing from the stands.  Thanks to all who organised the night.

I'll get a few photos up later tonight.  Unfortunately I suffered the same hassle with lighting.  Jim's photo's are pretty good..

Yeah, a great nights action and ditto on the lucky-dip kart allocation!

I was lucky to get a good kart when it counted, and seeing as I started last on grid, finished fourth in order, and second in lap time, this could only have been expected based on outrageously brilliant driving, or, a healthy kart and the desire for those in front of me to attempt competitive murder of one another!

Many thanks to Mark for organising, and Trevor for a bit of friendly influence in taking the cost from $80, to $60 per head - love your work fellas!

Looking forward to the next one already,  oh and yeah, I guess it wasn't a mistake the first time around, and Hugh must actually be a very good driver!  :blink:  :o  :P  :lol:

Kerry

Why don't we move it around a bit.

I had a look at the one at the Phillip Island Raceway.

Nice big outdoor track with the same race options as last night.

We could do it on a Sunday morning and make the drive to the Island a bit of an SMT.

Or just a nice drive in the Porsches.

Check it out http://www.phillipislandcircuit.com.au/gokarts.html

Maybe mid August. Make it Rd 2 of the 2013 season.

I like the idea of having a wet track, just to mix it up.

Just another idea.

Why not make the final two shorter races, with a kart swap.

After the first race.

First place would take 8th(last place) kart, and last would take first.

2nd and 7th would swap,3rd and 6th and so on.

Take the results of both races to find the top dog (Hugh).

That may help take away the good kart bad kart issue, and the fastest guy will still win. :)

I have done the Phillip Island one a few times, great circuit (replica of the big one) and karts are pretty good.  Not ultra quick but all pretty well equal and get to a reasonable speed, although feel a bit lacking in the straight.

Also if anyone wants to bring along little tackers they do the tandem karts.

Very professional set up there.   

Have also done the Dandenong kart track last school holidays, the track itself and the karts are ok, but the system/organisation there left a lot to be desired.

Phillip Island is a great idea Vas. 

It was by all accounts a lot more intense than the first KNT last year.  Plenty of argy bargy which made for great viewing from the stands.  Thanks to all who organised the night.

I'll get a few photos up later tonight.  Unfortunately I suffered the same hassle with lighting.  Jim's photo's are pretty good..

Harvs

The photos started off almost black and had to edit them by adding maximum brightness/contrasting up to three times per photo.

By the look of that Podium Photo I think Hugh should have to wear a backpack with 20KG of spuds in it

20kgs! (They dont call me Huge for nothing :P )

A few more photos from last night...the image quality is a bit off,  :(

T-man fresh from the meatworks

DSC04301.jpg

The prize DSC04290.jpg

"when I finish here, I'm going to eat a sausage roll this big!"

DSC04304.jpg

ready to race

DSC04491.jpg

DSC04492.jpg

T-man decided to park and chat on turn 1DSC04362.jpg

victory lap

DSC04504.jpg

Winners are grinners

DSC04518.jpg

Great night. Thanks to those that made it happen. We both enjoyed it immensly.

Did you notice that SHLTDF was 3rd quickest lap time in the consolation final?

She says she's going on a diet to get ready for the next one.

I noticed, and I think SWLTDF should be rewarded with a years supply of sausage rolls to make the competition fairer.

I think I should get a few dozen to Huge as well

Archived