Pass the Hat

Airhead

was a comment below article saying what a bargain @$165mil when it earns $79mil, but turnover isn't profit, so got me wondering if they make anything at all. $500mil in the hole to govt doesn't sound like it is a good investment. What would all the GTR fans do if another maker bought it and then didn't let any of the other brands test there ?

The Nurburgring was placed under voluntary administration in 2012 by the track’s previous co-owners (which were heavily supported by government funding).

It currently employs 300 people and has an annual turnover of “up to €60 million” ($79 million), and will be sold free of the previous owners’ debts of almost $500m.

So we have 300 employees, lets say avg salary direct without overheads @ $75,000 each= a wage bill of $22,500,000, conservative overheads lets say 25% = $5,625,000, need a little money for maintenance say $15,000,000, insurance etc etc let's say $10,000,000, rates & land tax? $5,000,000 we're up to $58 million add interest only on the $165 mill you borrowed to buy it @ 8% = $13,200,000 plus 10% for everything I forgot takes us to $78,320,000 leaving a supposed profit of $716,800. A grand profit of 0.009% on turnover & you haven't paid tax yet. OR a return on your $165mill investment of 0.0043%. Ah now I see where the $500mill of bad debts comes from. Thumbnail sketch on the back of an envelope but you get the picture.

I would have thought VW might have purchased it, being the biggest manufacturer in the world I thought they could carry a little loss like that every year. Although not investing in anything that doesn't make a profit is probably what got them to where they are....

It would make an awesome official Porsche test track

Actually 1% profit on turnover which makes it waaaaaaay more appealling!!!!!!!!

Oh, and I think i can make a few calls and get a loan from an almost broke Greek bank at under 1%. There's another 7%, and we can squeeze the German government for some investor assistance and maybe look at a total 8-9% return on investment.

No brainer I reckon!!!!!!!!

Simple solution.............Pokies....we only need 37,258 based on average turnover and we're home sweet, and get to drive when we want for free..........

Theo as has been said before, I'm in if we use your money,,!!

GRÜNE HÖLLE WURST ROLLEN

Is it too early to start talking to "PIE FACE" about a cross-promotion, and setting up a shop in the carpark?!

"If you can keep one of Niko's sausage logs down through the Flugplatz, we guarantee a sub-7min lap!"

I want in on that franchise!!!

:rolleyes:   :D 

Kerry

Archived