959 going cheap

AC78

This was on Pelican and was as hideous there as it is here. If you live in Surfers you might get away with it , but I'm still going to associate it with a Geoff Edelsten wannabe - which is pretty sad. Plastic top and a rusty bottom , bit like his Ms's. Truly Aweful and the only thing that saves it is the lack of white leather upholstery. Actually it's beyond saving. $59k? 5.9 and part it out!

Part it out , mind you even the nipples are rusty and the discs scored. I'd say this has come via Hong Kong.

cp5638287204837083276-1.jpg

I saw that - they look like some of my childhood Revell kit attempts for detailing quality.

Question is, would anyone, anywhere buy this thing?

To answer prior question, no factory 959 convertible to my knowledge.

I'd buy it if it was very very very cheap. As Russ said add a roof clip (After welding in a cage) add my 961 wheels cheap track rat.

But it would have to be sub 10K for me to start thinking about it. Anyhow I am 99% sure my next car will be a N.B 3.2 with G50. That I'll leave stock.

I am not 100% sure but its got to be a few KG's. I am also in the sunroof delete club. I don't know if its poormans spec though as you had to wait for them to buid your car without one. Lets face it Porsche love to charge you extra for not putting things in cars lol.

IIRC The story goes that back in the day non sunroof shells are all earmarked for motorsport and by asking for one you messed up the plans and hence the wait until they did a run of them.

I've never bothered to look into it and I don't understand how not cutting a hole in the shell is any harder than cutting a hole in a shell.

We need a really nerdy P-car-o-phile* to tell us.

*I am looking at you Russ.

We need a really nerdy P-car-o-phile* to tell us

Give Russ a break! I'm sure the Early S forum has the nerds we need!

PS I read weight saving is ~30 lbs , the weight of a battery.

My sunroof delete special was specced up with Bilsteins , power windows and stuff like Air con , now mysteriously deleted  :)

Dealers ordered most of the cars months in advance. there is greater profit margin on options than on the base car itself... so loading up w/ every possible option, was a highly desirable thing to do, "If you prefer a low-priced car that says Porsche on it, sir, allow me to show you this 924/944...".

I'm pretty sure non-sunroof 911's were cheaper, you just had to wait, because dealers ordered "floor stock" optioned up.

If you could (can) afford a new 911, an extra few $$$ for some "nice to have's" is not really a concern. Non optioned cars 

were probably ordered by folks who intended using them for "sport purposes".(factory speak for racing) or guys who just couldnt

stretch the extra buck's.(and usually came with 15" wheels etc etc) I still wouldnt call them poormans/poverty pack however.

( or maybe the factory built them like this, so when the dealer calls "we want 2 red ones", factory-: no sweat, but all we have is

optioned up ones, or you can wait 3/6/9 months. dealer- nah customer will walk, send us them, we'll talk him/her into the extra $$$)

Remember PORSCHE are the option (profit) masters of the car industry.(look at what they do with the special wishes(lame name) dept.)

cheers

Archived