912 in Geelong

This is causing me angst!

I haven't got the room, nor the $15k++, nor the time to fix-em-up......

But I wants him.

:angry:

Hopefully it'll find a home within the PFA familia. Interested to hear what you discover Steven....

Kerry

2 Bids on it now.

It has some small rust patches on it and the paint is described as adequate.

It has weber Carbs(no big deal) but appears largely original.

It is one of the first 140 Cars made in 1965.

Would make a good fixer-upper and nice car to cruise around in.

I am not sure on what the reserve is but the seller wants a split screen VW Kombi instead(as a trade possibly), so a good one of those is 25k+.

Hadn't planned on seeing Geelong again so soon.............

Nice little car - the woodgrain steering wheel is obviously aftermarket - needs a nice set of fuchs and it would be a great head turner. This often makes me think - sell the 65 fastback and get another porsche hmm.

murf not sure why you are saying the steering wheel is aftermarket? It is the same wheel knob combo as in my 65.

widen the steelies perhaps but id say keep the fastback...thats a cool car or perhaps an alfa 101 coupe?

BTW Im thinking it is a 65 car if the dash is correct as I thought all 66 cars had wood and then later alum fascia.

Anyone in geelong area keen to have a squiz, as a mate in Canberra is interested?

murf not sure why you are saying the steering wheel is aftermarket? It is the same wheel knob combo as in my 65.

widen the steelies perhaps but  id say keep the fastback...thats a cool car  or perhaps an alfa 101 coupe?

BTW Im thinking it is a 65 car if the dash is correct as I thought all 66 cars had wood and then later alum fascia.

Anyone in in geelong area keen to have a squiz at it as I have a mate in Canberra interested.

Its a 1965 Build car. Probably viewed as a 66 Model. I also agree that the wheel appears to be an original woodrim, sans the batwing horn actuator.

I was going to pursue it but decided not to in the end.

If I didn't already have a 912 I'd be looking to buy this car as its a good starter and of interest to me being an early car.

I shouldn't be so greedy!!!!

Archived