Cleaning inside of windscreens

Russ

so what's the best for cleaning the inside of windscreens?

are there any products specifically for this? maybe to eliminate fogging up too (don't tell me rain x!)

Spray on vinegar and clean with newspaper, best I've ever used. Maybe the microfibre after, but i haven't been fastidious since I've had company cars, and that's before all these microfibres and stuff came out. (Dirty old Fords, if they don't build em properly, why should I clean em properly?)

I'm using some of those wipes (maybe armour all?) on my work car but only cause of all the bugs on the outside too. Acceptable, but leaves a little bit of the white "dust" like using a tissue to clean your glasses.

Fumes from that Armorall spray cause the misting ; that and greasy takeways. Vinegar , like wine is mildly acidic which dissolves the grease. The other product is the TV screen/computer screen spray and wipe. Vinegar and newspaper , minus the expensive fish and chips,  is fine though!

The front one I can get clean using windex and an old cotton T-shirt........it's the back one I struggle with. After the pastime I got in the back seat, I'm scared to do it again in case the jaws of life are needed to get me out, and I end up with a cabriolet....!!!

For years I've persisted using windex and paper towel with very average results. Recently I've just starting using an old t-shirt without any solvent. It works quite well. There's no lint left on the windscreen and no streaks from solvents.

i tried a new microfibre today....

thought I did an awesome job till i got it in the sun, and i could see tiny little fibres that the cloth left everywhere.... annoying.

I'm surprised that your microfibre cloth is leaving lint behind.  You say that it's new....is it the first use?  Perhaps after a wash, it won't have any loose fibres.

• 1 month later...
Guest Harold

Old "clean" cloth nappies.

I can see that would be preferable to an old "dirty" nappy which would certainly leave some streaks on the windscreen.

Archived