Betcha haven't got one of these thread

The idea is this: you are Porsche passionate and have something unique that no-one else on the forum has. It has to be Porsche car related. It can't be a car! You might have a $50,000 watch , in which case you have your priorities out of kilter , but will likely be safe here. To exclude google imagemeisters , to qualify you must post a pic with the item with your hand in the picture.

If you qualify you are awesome , if you are matched by another PFAer then it's "snap" and your opponent wins  :) and he/she is awesome...sort of.

Same item same colour = you lose

Unique hand made items do not qualify (tapestries , autographed goods e.g my son's Walter Rohrl signed leather jacket are out) You can start a new thread for your creativity or uberwealth.

Here's mine , the gift for the man with the 1978 Japanese delivered LHD 911 who has everything...

I am fairly confident I have sourced the last copy in the world  ;) 132 pages of never before seen pictures , with accompanying text I am yet to master. Entire history of Porsche , with '78 emphasis - ads etc

1978Porsche_book.jpg

Bring it on!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know I'm breaking the no cars rule and there's no left hand.

Recently I dug out my big box of matchbox cars from when I was a little tacker and found these beauties amongst the collection. 2 930s, 2 935s and a 924. Did somebody say patina? And that's a seriously dodgy respray on one of the 930s! The 935s are in as new condition and must be worth at least what my mum paid for them in 1985. The white Martini was purchased from Hamiltons Melbourne one day when mum was getting her 924 serviced. What you can't see is the tow bars on the 930s! What was Matchbox thinking???

Anyway, they don't make em like they used ta!

Matchbox2_zps45dfd5ec.jpg

Matchbox1_zps25ef25f4.jpg

Here's a little bit of trivia . 911 guys check your paint plates. If your car is post '72 and not driving an original 911RS , chances are the middle number will be "9". If you have an "8" like me , let me know , and you win this game of snap! My Porsche classic contact in Germany doesn't know why mine does. My research is that the number indicates the shop where the body was painted. "9" was Stuttgart and "8" Karmann , until '72 when Karmann's contract was ceased . Though some cars destined for special treatment e.g. RS were sent there.

Possibilities ? - some cars destined for certain export markets e.g. Japan were given the "8" , or it was just a mistake (Porsche AG dont make mistakes even though they consumed lager at morning tea breaks) , or there were a pile of leftover "8" stamped plates , or when Stuttgart was overwhelmed they farmed the work back to Karmann. 

Maybe you carman gear types know the answer to this riddle? 

paintplate.jpg

Nice little collection of soft "office hands" here. (mine included)  

Where's the grubby "just been cleaning the grime of the inside of the wheels, ready for the Sunday drive" hands?

This was when I decided to remove my Intrax suspension and fit GT3 suspension to the car to attend one of Caver's road trips... had to fab some sleeves to adapt the GT3 struts to the Intrax camber plates I use.

h1.jpg

h2.jpg

Archived