Kincrome Trolley Jack Issues

Wondering what sort of trolley jack people use... 

I got one of those fancy looking aluminium Kincrome jacks...

Screenshot2013-11-09at70622AM_zps601ec6b

I used it to lift each corner of my Cayman, so I could take the wheels off and do the brakes.

After probably 20 or so lifts, I hear a loud "crack" sound... the jack didn't move, but I lowered the car and some oil came out of it. 

Contacted Kincrome who said to take it to the nearest dealer, which was Autobarn.

Their Kincrome rep replace it for me.

I used the second jack a few times, for similar work... this time, I found a pool of oil under it when it was just sitting resting in the garage. 

Now Kincrome are reluctant to replace and have questioned what I am using it for.

My question is, is lifting the rear corner of the car, overloading the jack?

Could I have done anything to cause it to malfunction?

if it's rated for 1000kg I don't think half a Cayman would be overloading it

I know on some cheaper jacks there is a point where if you go past when jacking up it over extends the seals and this sorta thing happens after a while, but I'd assume on such a good brand name jack there shouldn't/wouldn't be a way you could do it

Don't get another one.

I use Kincrome tools and they are great.

The trolley jack I use is a no name brand bought from a bloke in a shed who imports chinese stuff.

I've had it for 5 years and it still works fine.

Heres a similar one.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/TORIN-BIG-RED-JACKS-2tn-ALUMINIUM-HYDRAULIC-TROLLEY-FLOOR-JACK-WORKSHOP-RACING-/300856238009?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item460c6ddfb9

once broken, twice shy.

Tell them that the product is not "Fit for purpose" and has a "major" problem. Exercise your consumer rights for a full refund.

http://www.accc.gov.au/business/treating-customers-fairly/consumers-rights-obligations

Indeed. I find it strange that Kincrome sell such a flawed product as I have always been happy with their tools.

Then again. Porsche>M96>IMS>Waterpumps>OilLeaks :unsure:

Get your cash back, definitely!!!

Ive got a steel one with 595mm lift, heavy but good.

My son has used one of those jacks you have and it lifted the whole front end of a falcon, cayman, no probs, you are lucky enough to get two faulty jacks. :(

Send them an email including this thread, as this will link Google search on their products.

That might raise an eye brow within the company.

This is great idea. However I fear that the only thread they are interested in is the one at the bottom of their Balance Sheet and P&L statement.

Globalisation depletes care. Localisation makes us care.

Rant>over

Hi Mike , if you like 

I know someone a Kincrome , i will pass this on for you...... 

I own the Autobarn in Caboolture  and we  sell lots of those jacks and never had a problem 

Message me and we can get it sorted , perhaps another brand if you like ?

Regards 

Paul

Archived