It's that time of year again... time to start putting out those hints!

withers

It's nearing silly season... a time when your loved ones will be thinking 'hmmm what should I buy *insert name* for Christmas this year!

Well heres a place to get ideas and share them with other Porsche heads... only Porsche related stuff is to go here.

I'll start with this...

My hint wasn't quite so subtle

It went something like 'Get me a Prototipo suede wheel, or you can move out'!  (I did actually say that too!)

It was met with 'You're going to look funny chewing steak with no teeth!'  :huh:

'I'll have a sticker then!'

Dear Santa,

I would like to propose the following as a gift, in essence making your journey more enjoyable and giving the Reindeer's a rest as well.

I would reccommend the Great Ocean Road and I am sure you will find Tasmania and the Adelaide Hills very Enjoyable.

Remember, you break it, you own it.

Yours Truly,

Goodboyinthebarossa

http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1995/AGC-AD-14729469/?Cr=0&sdmvc=1

I'm really easy, buy me nothing, if I want something I'll get it myself.

I just want to spend time with my family and loved ones at this time of year, cook lots, eat lots, drink lots and just no cares given for anything else happening in the world at that point in time..   :lol: switch off time.

There are however certain members on the other side (*cough* partners step mum *cough*) who insists on texting her their want list... am I the only person who thinks that is poor form  and just plain rude? 

I'm really easy, buy me nothing, if I want something I'll get it myself.

I just want to spend time with my family and loved ones at this time of year, cook lots, eat lots, drink lots and just no cares given for anything else happening in the world at that point in time..   :lol: switch off time.

There are however certain members on the other side (*cough* partners step mum *cough*) who insists on texting her their want list... am I the only person who thinks that is poor form  and just plain rude? 

Same really.

I just want to be with my Mum as she has cancer and doesn't have many Christmas' left.

RSCS wouldn't make any difference.

Same really.

I just want to be with my Mum as she has cancer and doesn't have many Christmas' left.

RSCS wouldn't make any difference.

Hope all is as well as it can be for you and the family mate! No amount amount of money or valuable objects can bring someone back OR instill the profound memories you may have of someone close.

Life's too short! If you care about & love someone, tell them! You never know when that last time may be! I found that out the hard way... that's why experience>object.

wasserkuhl, nothing I could say can take away what you & yours are facing, had the same with 4 of my family.... Enjoy all the time, the corporeal moves on, never loose the memories or good times you have with those people, can never loose the memories.....

P

Hope all is as well as it can be for you and the family mate! No amount amount of money or valuable objects can bring someone back OR instill the profound memories you may have of someone close.

Life's too short! If you care about & love someone, tell them! You never know when that last time may be! I found that out the hard way... that's why experience>object.

This is true, so so true. Given my life experience I have learnt this valuable lesson. Having lost my Grandparents at a relatively tender age, the grief led me to remember them almost on a daily basis. In essence their influence and culture is living on with me. The same can be said of any family and close friends.............I see my Parents Daily and am documenting my Mothers life right from her earliest memories in the UK to now and its a fascinating journey. Video diary will provide my 3.5 Yr old Daughter the opportunity to use it a reference point. My father will be an octagenarian this year but is fit , Healthy and strong; Der Luftmeister. The only reason I love things with wheels on them is because its the only way I could communicate with my father! We still discuss and argue about Porsches and it enriches me and my Habit!

Experience/essence/spirit > Object.

wasserkuhl, nothing I could say can take away what you & yours are facing, had the same with 4 of my family.... Enjoy all the time, the corporeal moves on, never loose the memories or good times you have with those people, can never loose the memories.....

P

Indeed Brother. I am truly blessed to have parents that are a) Still Together after 50+ years and B) Truly selfless, Honest and warm

They are me and I am them.

Right, back on topic.

I want a 993 to enhance and not define .

This is true, so so true. Given my life experience I have learnt this valuable lesson. Having lost my Grandparents at a relatively tender age, the grief led me to remember them almost on a daily basis. In essence their influence and culture is living on with me. The same can be said of any family and close friends.............I see my Parents Daily and am documenting my Mothers life right from her earliest memories in the UK to now and its a fascinating journey. Video diary will provide my 3.5 Yr old Daughter the opportunity to use it a reference point. My father will be an octagenarian this year but is fit , Healthy and strong; Der Luftmeister. The only reason I love things with wheels on them is because its the only way I could communicate with my father! We still discuss and argue about Porsches and it enriches me and my Habit!

Experience/essence/spirit > Object.

Indeed Brother. I am truly blessed to have parents that are a) Still Together after 50+ years and B) Truly selfless, Honest and warm

They are me and I am them.

Right, back on topic.

I want a 993 to enhance and not define .

All material possessions should enhance and not define!  Well said Steve.

My parents are also happy together and are close to that big 50 marriage mark. They still love each immensely, do everything together.. bicker but get over it super quick.

I wish your mother all the best Steve.. may you get as much time with her as you possibly can, quality time :)

Back on topic - even tho I created this thread, I can't think of one thing I want for Christmas either.  No arguments on Christmas Day would be nice, lots of fun and giggles with my nieces and nephews, lots of photos taken by me (love documenting the family) parents and my brothers and their wives!

How can you not have fun hanging out with little ones like my niece...

8276542999_936b8f5958_c.jpg
IMG_0032 by mmanda withers, on Flickr

To the Fat bugger in a Red Suit,

I am still waiting for that bloody bike, now I've grown up slightly & have my 911 & according to the girl have been really, really, really patient dealing with the insurance company over the last 4 weeks, it would he really good to put my belief back in you IF the following were possible.....

Get the car back from the panel beaters all sorted & the same color all round......

That I can drive her BEFORE Christmas 2013 (I still haven't let you off the hook for that bloody bike!)

That 993 RS would be a very very nice present this year......

If not Can I please have that IROC Nose cone and the 73 RSR rear bumper will do nicely.....

P.S., your Scotch & Christmas pies ARE dependant! On items 1,2&4....... :-)

My hint wasn't quite so subtle

It went something like 'Get me a Prototipo suede wheel, or you can move out'!  (I did actually say that too!)

It was met with 'You're going to look funny chewing steak with no teeth!'  :huh:

'I'll have a sticker then!'

LMBAO!!!

Sounds like my house!

;)

Kerry

Archived