Porsche, The Movie Star

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 10 months later...

Hi fellas

Steve McQueen' s 911 racked up some big dollars at the recent Pebble Beach auction - $1.3 mill in AU$

This is a quite an auction, worth a visit sometime, as would Goodwood. Both added to the bucket list, sheesh I need a bigger bucket...

porsche_f34_ns_82211_815_729-420x0.jpg

The Ferrari Testa Rossa was the BIG sale on the day tho - $16+ mill, US$ or AU$ is still s**t load of moola.

Cheers

rEd

Hi fellas

Steve McQueen' s 911 racked up some big dollars at the recent Pebble Beach auction - $1.3 mill in AU$

This is a quite an auction, worth a visit sometime, as would Goodwood. Both added to the bucket list, sheesh I need a bigger bucket...

porsche_f34_ns_82211_815_729-420x0.jpg

The Ferrari Testa Rossa was the BIG sale on the day tho - $16+ mill, US$ or AU$ is still s**t load of moola.

Cheers

rEd

I thought I would add some detail to this as I was in attendance at the auctions over the course of the 'Monterey Week'. The McQueen 911S was auctioned by RM Auctions and sold for $US1.25 million (not inclusive of the 10% buyer's premium). Two female bidders in the room took it past the million dollar mark before an overseas foreign phone bidder put in the winning bid. I had a good look at the car beforehand and it needs a lot of work, I may add detailed photos later. The 250 TR was auctioned by Goodings & Co and made $US14.9 million (not inclusive of the 10% buyer's premium), it was a world record price for a car at auction. Bonhams, Meecums, and Russo & Steele also conducted successful auctions over the course of the week.

I thought I would add some detail to this as I was in attendance at the auctions over the course of the 'Monterey Week'. The McQueen 911S was auctioned by RM Auctions and sold for $US1.25 million (not inclusive of the 10% buyer's premium). Two female bidders in the room took it past the million dollar mark before an overseas foreign phone bidder put in the winning bid. I had a good look at the car beforehand and it needs a lot of work, I may add detailed photos later. The 250 TR was auctioned by Goodings & Co and made $US14.9 million (not inclusive of the 10% buyer's premium), it was a world record price for a car at auction. Bonhams, Meecums, and Russo & Steele also conducted successful auctions over the course of the week.

Hey tdc,

Looking to add to your garage???

You lucky man.

Were there any 904's up for sale?

What are they worth these days?

• 4 weeks later...

What about the TV star Porsche's in "Californication" and "Saving Grace"?

Both black and both sh.tt.rs.

Sort of brings things back into perspective not all Porsche's are pampered beauty queens, some are just cars.

Dave

californication-californication-2953093-1280-1024.jpg

holly-hunter-in-saving-grace.jpg

• 3 years later...

As jnr356 states, No Man's Land (Charlie Sheen, D B Sweeny) is a fav movie of mine..

Also in Doc Hollywood (Michael J Fox) the 356 makes a brief appearance in the beginning

48 Hours (Eddie Murphy and Nick Nolte) has the 356

Remake of Gone in 60 Seconds (Cage and Jolie) has the 996 being stolen from a showroom

"Failure to launch" - a rom-com with Matthew Mc-whatever-his-name is and the one with the horse face from sex in the city.

Anyway, as a dapper young chap (who lives with his parents) he drives a green long hood.   That was actually about the point where I thought that old porsches might be in danger of becoming a hip accessory, so I better think about getting one before the hipsters found them.

i036766.jpg

030_l.jpg

• 1 month later...

Archived