Porsche, The Movie Star

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I must say, that internet cars movie database is a treasure trove for finding period-correct things like wheels, decals, color schemes etc.  While Porsches are pretty well preserved, lots of other cars have no record of these types of details.  It would be a valuable resource for restoring a car and finding examples of how they were when new.

I just looked up 71-74 TA series Celicas to see what is there, and there are 5 pages of entries, some of which are from Japanese productions and show the cars in Japan in the 70s.  Great stuff.

You Blokes what about the classic Hank Moody car, out of Californication.

In my next life I want to be a Hank Moody...

During the first four seasons of the series, Hank is seen driving a 1990 Porsche 964 Cabriolet with one headlight smashed.[1] The car is characterized by its messy and dusty look that Hank maintains with his daughter Becca's support. They both claim that it "has character". Hank buys a new Porsche Cabriolet in the ninth episode of the first season but it's soon carjacked, so Hank goes back to his original Porsche. In the fourth season when the car is crashed by Becca, Hank subsequently buys another of the same model and color. He is seen using a tire iron to break the right headlight of the new car, even before leaving the used car lot on Washington Boulevard in Marina Del Rey, to resemble his old car. This is believed to be an homage to The Wallflowers' song "One Headlight." In the series finale however, the Porsche is seen with two functional headlights though no explanation is given as to why.

hank-moody-porsche-pretinho-carro-califo

i126025.jpg

capture6hy66376.jpg

This is awesome, Was on TV last night at 2am - Sportomatic too!

[/video

A real reminder of what rubbish a lot of 70's and 80's movies were.

And don't overlook the most significant car there, the DS

Haha. Hank's hardly a character one should aspire to be like. Though it was a brilliant show and widely misinterpreted (mostly by boring bible bashers and wowsers).

You may be right Tit, but I just looked at a few of his other Youtube clips from the show.....hmmm still think I want to be Hank Moody :D

Plus.... I just love that one headlighted unloved cab he drives...Both a pair of characters...

Oh...I totally understand! :P

You may be right Tit, but I just looked at a few of his other Youtube clips from the show.....hmmm still think I want to be Hank Moody :D

Plus.... I just love that one headlighted unloved cab he drives...Both a pair of characters...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived