Dealing with Geckos

Coastr

I don't drive my car much, which is great for avoiding getting it filthy for the most part.  But I am losing the battle with geckos cropping all over it.  They don't appear to be on the car itself, but rather walking upside down on the garage roof and cropping from on high. 

Questions..

1) is the gecko crape bad for the paint?

2) anyone got any tips on either eliminating said pests or at least making them unwelcome in the area above the car?  The garage doesn't have a ceiling - you can see all the roof trusses which makes things more challenging.

Geckos are so cute! Yeh deffo a car cover and as Pauly said, can you work out how they get in?

Then again, like keeping spiders out - they are small and can squeeze thru cracks easily. Car cover is the best option - you said you don't drive it much.

Work towards putting in a ceiling??

Use a red laser pointer to draw another gecko(they will follow it) near  the gecko who poops on car and as they are territorial, they will fight to the death. Only problem is you may end up with a bigger gecko owning that bit of turf with the result of bigger poops. OK scrap that idea :)

The tomato sauce??  You want me to eat them.

Tarp and staple gun sounds promising.  I hope the sticky little beggars can't walk upside down on those.

Was taking to the FIL today.  They had two air conditioning units destroyed by geckos getting into the electronics.  The pest guy recommended those sticky pads that you use for catching mice.  Their sticky feet can't get off once they are on.

They're not cute.  They are imported vermin that has displaced the native (non-cropping) skinks and I hate the little screechy devils.

I used to get the one or two Geckos in my garage from time to time, however, about a year ago, I sprayed the ceiling and tops of the walls with some light surface spray to discourage spiders and their webs.

That's about the last time I saw any Geckos too.

Most likely, they're coming in to feed on insects.

Easy enough to try and much simpler that tacking up plastic sheets.

Archived