Porsche Camping

Simonk

While many of you were off on your amazing trip to Canberra, I went camping with the wife to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary. Here's proof you don't always need an SUV. What do they say...It's not the destination, it's how you get there? The destination was Tidal River at Wilsons Promontory which was pretty amazing. The drive too and from was fantastic.

13367146565_8169c4303b_z.jpg
IMG_2391 by Simonk76, on Flickr

13367200425_4abda6fe7e_z.jpg
IMG_2390 by Simonk76, on Flickr

13367797784_7d7048bd4c_z.jpg
IMG_2361p by Simonk76, on Flickr

13367704344_4f6d98e8b2_z.jpg
IMG_2364p by Simonk76, on Flickr

13367382943_538fc9cf24_z.jpg
IMG_2368 by Simonk76, on Flickr

Very nice Simon! You can take these things anywhere!!

I had to drive somewhere and it turned into a dirt road.. Rally stage!!!

Road trips with the 944 are fun also. Boot full of stuff.. mostly boxes of beer LOL. 

a few years ago i was talking to Russell from the Healey factory about a 911 and he told me, "mate I used to take my 911 everywhere, camping fishing etc etc."

I thought yeah yeah

Think i owe him an apology 

Nice one Mr & Mrs SimonK. Congrats on getting to 10 years.  When's the parole hearing? :P

My only experience of Wilson's Prom. was a miserable, rainy, cold Easter stuck in the van with my parents, sister and her boyfriend when I was aged 15.  I need to revisit the Prom.  Perhaps a boy's weekend with my son is on the cards. (Mrs hates canvas)

You should be in with the closest chance of a PFA member to visit the most Westerly point in AU?

Should rename that tea tray to the drinks tray.

Cheers.

Huh?? perhaps turn the compass around a bit.  Isn't Wilson's Prom the most southerly point on mainland AU?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Australian_Map_Extremities.svg

You're doing it right. I've got a weird thing for taking sports cars camping. I raised it at the 4Day SMT when we spoke about next years event. I got a lot of "I don't do camping" LOL.

Anyway I'd be up for a PFA "take your sports car camping event. 

Wilsons Prom is a very special place. I got some of the best waves I have ever surfed there and the wildlife and views can be spectacular but driving a 944 I didn't even think about what's so special about camping with a Porsche :P

Congrats on the 10 years and looks like a great way to celebrate it

Congratulations Simonk

Any woman who agrees to go camping is a keeper, but one who agrees to go camping in a 911 on a significant anniversary is very special indeed and deserves our acclamation.

I nominate you both for the inaugural PFA Esky Stuffing Award in the 911 Coupe category. Long may you reign!

The Prom really is quite spectacular. I highly recommend it if you're into the outdoors. Check the forecast though because you are kind of stuck doing nothing if the weather is no good. The beaches are amazing and there's wildlife everywhere at night.

One fella came over asking how the hell I fitted everything in the car but otherwise didn't get much interest in the car.

The mrs is a keeper. We would have had a great weekend anywhere though, as long as it wasn't with the kids. We graciously accept the esky stuffing award and the Porsche on the southern most point of the mainland

Archived