G'day all,

Just joined the forum so thought I'd introduce myself.

Have been out of the Porsche scene for a few years but have decided to jump back in. 

Currently searching for a 964 C2 manual to restore and modify - respray, engine rebuild, stripped interior, half cage, big reds etc

Cheers,

Jeremy

Welcome Jeremy - Good luck with the (unicorn) hunt!

Don't discount the C4 - with a bit of suspension tuning you can dial it in nicely.

Sounds like an awesome build thread comming up!

Indeed!

Was considering a 73 RS or 74 3.0 backdate but have ditched that idea. Going for this look but mexico blue with black wheels

image001.jpg

Welcome Jeremy - Good luck with the (unicorn) hunt!

Don't discount the C4 - with a bit of suspension tuning you can dial it in nicely.

unicorns...yep :(

I haven't discounted the C4 entirely, so thanks for the positive feedback. They seem to get mixed reviews - the mecanic I was speaking to on the weeked was of the opinion that they understeer too much.

Understeer can be sorted out with different sway bars, spring rates, toe and camber changes.

You can deal with the extra weight when you do your modifications - lighter RS carpets, door-cards, seats, exhaust etc. Remove frunk carpet,rear seats, radio, speakers and some of the engine bay stuff like the heater blower etc.

I think the risk of 4wd transmission problems is over-stated on the C4 as well.

Indeed!

Was considering a 73 RS or 74 3.0 backdate but have ditched that idea. Going for this look but mexico blue with black wheels

image001.jpg

unicorns...yep :(

I haven't discounted the C4 entirely, so thanks for the positive feedback. They seem to get mixed reviews - the mecanic I was speaking to on the weeked was of the opinion that they understeer too much.

G'day all,

Just joined the forum so thought I'd introduce myself.

Have been out of the Porsche scene for a few years but have decided to jump back in.

Currently searching for a 964 C2 manual to restore and modify - respray, engine rebuild, stripped interior, half cage, big reds etc

Cheers,

Jeremy

Welcome Jeremy.

Very refreshing that you are looking for a 964c2, you join an elite group of about 7,000 PFA members searching for his mythical beast.

People get spooked by the period reviews of the c4 but unless you are attempting niki lauda type manoeuvres it is a great car. They are easy to find relatively cheap and great looking cars.

What made you turn off a 73 Carrera recreation route? This subgroup only has 6,999 potential buyers so you are statistically much better off...

Good luck with your search !

Understeer can be sorted out with different sway bars, spring rates, toe and camber changes.

You can deal with the extra weight when you do your modifications - lighter RS carpets, door-cards, seats, exhaust etc. Remove frunk carpet,rear seats, radio, speakers and some of the engine bay stuff like the heater blower etc.

I think the risk of 4wd transmission problems is over-stated on the C4 as well.

Why you no buy ones?

Thanks for the warm welcome chaps

What made you turn off a 73 Carrera recreation route? 

Backdating to 73 has been done before and would have cost a bit more, esp if I went with the 74 3.0 

I love the shape of the 964...simple, clean lines and the last of the classic 911s (in my humble opinion)

welcome to the group... there is a 964 c4 in victoria that has been on carsales for a few months now at $44500...

UNregistered, oil leaks, and apparently the engine and ABS lights are on... plus it's unregistered...

But perhaps a good candidate for what you want to do given that you are going to rebuild and repaint?

The red one? I've seen that, probably a little nicer than I need but it's on the list to consider.

I have however had an offer from a lovely gent in the UK (allegedly, more likely Nigeria). He's sourced me this "pristine" (i.e. hilarious) 964 and all I have to do is deposit 5000 pounds directly into his bank a/c. He'll even arrange shipping as he has "an uncle working with a heavy duty courier". 

Seems legit, right?

IMG_001.jpg

IMG_006.jpg

IMG_003.jpg

IMG_004.jpg

HeyJV911 welcome to the forums! That 964 has some serious issues, looks like a resto project that someone has lost interest in. I would have given up too with those headlights. Good luck with the hunt, the more 964's on here the better!

Welcome Jeremy, any pictures of your old 76 911?

My avatar is the only pic of it I have on this computer. That pic was when I first got it. I then went to town and did Bilstein suspension (sat a bit lower), wevo engine and trans mounts, wevo billet shifter, and warm SC 3.0 with SSIs and Monty

800px-F1000026.jpg

I've been having some fun with our mate in Nigeria...read from bottom up. There is heaps more but is a bit long to post here.

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Thursday, 8 May 2014 6:43 AM

To: Jeremy

Subject: Re: WANTED. 964 Carrera 2. Must be straight and rust free. The rest doesn't matter very much as car is for a retro project. 

Hi Jeremy,

Thanks for writing again. Great ! Looks like you just got yourself a deal !  Please find below banking information of my accountant to effect payment while I get the Carrera 2 ready for shipping to Siberia

-

Bank Name: Natwest Bank

Bank Address: 11 Sprint Gardens, Manchester, M2 1FB, United Kingdom.

Account Name: Orsos Agnes

Account Number: 64306836

Sort Code: 011001

IBAN: GB39NWBK01100164306836

BIC: NWBKGB2L

Kindly attach a scanned copy of the Bank Transfer Deposit Slip for proper confirmation of payment from this end so I can take up with shipping as soon as possible.

Many thanks again and regards,

David

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Wednesday, 7 May 2014 10:03 AM

To: 'David Dione'

Subject: RE: WANTED. 964 Carrera 2. Must be straight and rust free. The rest doesn't matter very much as car is for a retro project. 

This is too good a deal to miss. Please send me your a/c details

a is a great deal. Can you source another?

Welcome to the forum JV, I too had fun with one of these guys several years ago, apparently '97 hilux utes are very hard to come by in

Ireland/Nigeria and I did the email back and forth game until he got sick of it, yeah sure thing i'll hand over $2500 for you to buy my car.

Going to look at an actual car early next week - a Slate Grey C4 at Hamiltons

Sounds like it has a broken head stud but otherwise pretty neat. Slate is my 2nd choice after Mecixo blue too.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived