JB's blue beetle

I know the 993 is slightly different however, your stall my issues may well be related to a lack of back pressure. another forum member Here had a Wong chip with a lwf and Foster exhaust. once he put the standard exhaust back on the stalling seemed to improve.

I know the 993 is slightly different however, your stall my issues may well be related to a lack of back pressure. another forum member Here had a Wong chip with a lwf and Foster exhaust. once he put the standard exhaust back on the stalling seemed to improve.

other way round- wong chip prevents stalling from the lightweight flywheel in my experience (fabspeed exhaust)

6 point harness. bolt in cage (just easier if you have to refurbish anything back there)

+1. For just a half cage definitely bolt in. Happy to provide an alternative contact for a cage if your interested, feel free to send me a PM.

other way round- wong chip prevents stalling from the lightweight flywheel in my experience (fabspeed exhaust)

Absolutely correct according to everything I have read for a pre 96 non OBD2......however, our mate Mr Porter will undoubtedly agree that once he reverted back to standard exhaust his stalling issue improved.

I already had a low back pressure exhaust  when I installed the LWF and the car would stall constantly.The wong LWF chip helped but did not cure it. When I needed to go into stealth mode I fitted the std mufflers back on the car and SHAZAM no more stalling,I had not put 2&2 together.Just to be sure and because I missed the sound I refitted the Fisters and instant stalling again. Others experiences may vary, but on my car at least there is no doubt that exhaust or LWF on their own do not induce stalling, but in combination do. I have gone back the std exhaust and not had a stall since, when the clutch needs replacing I will definately go back to a DMF as IMHO the negatives outweigh the positives 10 to 1

Thanks for the advice fellas. Think I will go for a bolt in cage and 6 point harness. 

Upon driving the car some more. The stall issue seems to have gone. Must have been just at the start when the engine is cold. 

Will monitor it and see.

New track rims turned up BBS RS, just need to get some A0 50's for em.

post-1804-0-77949000-1405322480_thumb.jp

Got the wheels off flee bay. They are 16x7 and 16x8. The bloke I got them off said they came off a 930. 

What photo hosting links does they forum like? I tried one and it didn't work. 

any really, just try deleting the hyperlink from the image file as you put IMG tags around it (as in, pick the end of the link and press backspace to get rid of the auto-hyperlink and then it should work)

• 3 months later...

Had a bit of a hold up with getting on with the car.

It kept stalling ALL the time. Every time I came to a stop it would stall.

So it spent 6 weeks at the mechanic trying to work out what it was.

Tried vacuum leaks. Nope

Tried fuel pump. Nope.

Ended up having to change the.

Ignition leads, spark plugs, caps, oxy sensor and engine temp sensor. 

Finally all good. A rock solid idle Absolutely no idle dip even with the LWF. Yay.

Also got him to pull out the brake bias valve for the rear brakes. Now brakes really well with the 930 fronts and carrera rear.

Next up.

Get the 964 spoiler off.

Anyone want one?  and/or got a 3.2 Carrera lid and spoiler they want to sell or swap? 

Thanks for the advice fellas. Think I will go for a bolt in cage and 6 point harness. 

Upon driving the car some more. The stall issue seems to have gone. Must have been just at the start when the engine is cold. 

Will monitor it and see.

New track rims turned up BBS RS, just need to get some A0 50's for em.

Let me know if you decide that your BBS wheels are too nice to use as track wheels!

• 3 months later...

nice one!

new carpet in the back too?

Thanks

Yep is off to the trimmers after the cage for some RS style carpet in black, probably replace the most of the vinyl bits too.

Was thinking of re trimming the seats like below, but in black leather and pin stripe.

Thoughts?

IMG_1836.jpg

Archived