Barn Find 917

CarreraG50

That's one Hell of a barn find. I don't know how much the resto cost but I doubt it was 20 million, what it's expected to go for at auction. I'm sure they will get that, it has racing pedigree and it's a movie star.

In the video the guy mentions the tubular steel frame.

I thought these were aluminium (908s were steel), and in the vid during the XRay analysis they talk about zinc-aluminium alloy.

Were there any steel 917s???

Not unusual for a car (or artwork etc) to be pulled from an auction if, for example, its provenance is questioned.

Given it is a "barn find" I wouldn't be surprised if someone has claimed ownership.

Barn find..................... <_< seriously. I don't understand how so many rare things randomly turn up in barns? And why is it always specifically a 'barn' - never a garage, shed, warehouse etc? Guess it does't have the same name appeal, people obviously don't go in their barns as they are just for keeping and forgetting about their most prized belongings.  :rolleyes:

I can see how the 'barn find' comes about. I've stashed stuff in my barn that the wife has no idea about. If I kicked the bucket technically that would create a barn find.

Couple of farmers in my extended family and the way they seem to operate is once a barn / shed is full, they just build another one. Stuff gets buried down the back of sheds never to be seen again.

What is being discussed around the traps is how some barn finds are actually planted evidence. A little dust here and there , some rodent droppings, a few old beams. It adds to the cachet of the find. Whereas something found in a tin shed in an industrial complex has less "barnacles". 

Or maybe the old thing found is not actually that old.

Like the sign outside the woodworkers store- "Antiques Made To Order"

http://www.fender.com/en-AU/custom-shop/series/time-machine/60th-anniversary-1954-heavy-relic-stratocaster-maple-fingerboard-2-color-sunburst/

a heavy relic treatment that evokes decades of use, abuse and hard-fought wear and tear

Heck of a barn find!

I think they are out there, I remember hearing about a couple of Speedsters they found in a shed in Boonah about 10-15 years ago.

I've heard of a Tempo Matador in a barn somewhere in SEQ (I'm not giving away any more info 'cause Dad or I will probably end up buying it)

Archived