Opinions on a 2nd set of wheels for my car.

Oldblade , now I was told by Jax and Beaurepairs that porsche will void our warranty if we don't have factory tyres on the car.

On what grounds? I don't think they'd have a leg to stand on fi they tried that.

For example a lot of people are reluctant to "chip" their cars or lower them because of warranty concerns. But the fact of the matter is that they (the dealership) has to prove that the modifications you made to the car were the cause of the failure. So say your exhaust falls off, it will be covered by warranty. Similarly changing tyres couldnt possibly cause a failure of any other part of the car. 

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guys I'm just relaying what the tyre shops said to me I didn't look into it. By oldblades comments he is aware of the issue as well. When I am back in town I will find out from PCB what the go is.

Jim your weights F 9.65kg, R 11.9kg. On the TSW you would have to go 19".

The Turbo 1's 7.5/10 x 18" hollowspoke I have for sale  are 8.6kg / 10.6kg. People interested can PM.

In 2003 they changed from solid rims to  hollowspokes, at least that's what i was told.

Oldblade , now I was told by Jax and Beaurepairs that porsche will void our warranty if we don't have factory tyres on the car.

The interesting thing with this comment I thought good one trying to rip me a new one but the factory tyre was cheaper than what he had in stock that wasn't n rated. Actually it was 150 cheaper. Have you heard this before?

Warranty wouldn't be my concern... Insurance would be! Always ensure that your putting the same or better rated tyre on the car than the OEM .. in the GT3 owner book, it actually tells you to change tyres after a they reach a certain age.. always check the dates of tyres when buying. 

i've never heard of that in my life, and we extended the GT3's warranty several times with various tyres on it

I just order a full set of AD08R's for it... what came on it? do you recall

Archived