Opinions on a 2nd set of wheels for my car.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

only problem with cheap wheels. They will crack compared to more expensive ones will bend. all in the quality of the aluminium used.

a cracked wheel will shatter and cause all sorts of issues. a bent wheel will let you drive home.

A friend of mine has a  new C63 with factory premium wheels, one had cracked. AMG said tuff its your fault, they quoted $2500 for a replacement one. Another mate with same car and same wheels cracked all 4 !!! So more money doesn't always equal more quality.

Jim have you thought about the new generation Fuchs rims? I think Rob Raymer is the local distributor. I saw them on a 991 turbo at PCB and they look fantastic....

I have seen them they look fantastic i was thinking about getting a set for the street 

Jim have you thought about the new generation Fuchs rims? I think Rob Raymer is the local distributor. I saw them on a 991 turbo at PCB and they look fantastic....

I did see the same 991 and yes looked great on that car. l also saw a silver 996 Carrera with the black spokes and silver rim that Rob Raymer was displaying at the RACV motor classica show and l didn't particularly like it.

Here are the wheels all

http://www.tswalloywheels.com.au/products/lemans

They are the same brand "Vitor equipment" as jimTT original post they are designed specifically for porsche 

Cheap yes I have a feeling i may have got a bargain 

I have TSW Nurburgring on my Golf and I think you'll struggle to get them in the right offset for a Porsche. They were $3k in 18 x 8 with rubber.

Victor Equipment on the other hand, like the Innsbruck (#3 in the first post) and the Zehn on my 964 go straight on. 

^^^That Cayman looks sweet!

Make sure you check the weights of them before you pull the trigger. as some AM wheels are very heavy, and contrary to what some  think Looks aren`t the most important thing 

bingo. 

mine weight 5kgs each. 

only problem with cheap wheels. They will crack compared to more expensive ones will bend. all in the quality of the aluminium used.

a cracked wheel will shatter and cause all sorts of issues. a bent wheel will let you drive home.

Actually the cheap ones are cast vs the more expensive ones being forged. Once aluminum becomes molten it loses its strength due to molecular change with the heat.

I looked at some cast wheels and the cost of 4 was the price of one hre forged.

Here is a pic of my second set. Brand new $600.00 the set wrapped in Nitto NT01

29E6B8EB-277C-4A93-8014-0C50D7A291B5_zps

Oldblade , now I was told by Jax and Beaurepairs that porsche will void our warranty if we don't have factory tyres on the car.

The interesting thing with this comment I thought good one trying to rip me a new one but the factory tyre was cheaper than what he had in stock that wasn't n rated. Actually it was 150 cheaper. Have you heard this before?

Oldblade , now I was told by Jax and Beaurepairs that porsche will void our warranty if we don't have factory tyres on the car.

The interesting thing with this comment I thought good one trying to rip me a new one but the factory tyre was cheaper than what he had in stock that wasn't n rated. Actually it was 150 cheaper. Have you heard this before?

When you take it in, put the factory wheel and tyres on. ;)

i've never heard of that in my life, and we extended the GT3's warranty several times with various tyres on it

I hadn't either it was news to me. Supposedly they did this with the 9x1 series. The tyre was cheaper so I didn't bother checking it out

Yeap

That is why I bought a second set of wheels to run the type R Tyres every time it see's porsche it's wearing N rated porsche tyres on the original wheels

Jim your weights F 9.65kg, R 11.9kg. On the TSW you would have to go 19".

The Turbo 1's 7.5/10 x 18" hollowspoke I have for sale  are 8.6kg / 10.6kg. People interested can PM.

Archived