997 garage door opener

Orion03

I thought that didnt work in Australia due to a difference in frequencies? Or am I thinking the 996 version?

I'm pretty sure Orion03's 997 is AU delivered and Homelink wouldn't have been fitted as an option if it didn't work in Oz.  I think the Merlin openers use 415hz freq which are compatible.

Folks, I used to work in IT support....have you tried turning it off and then on again...? If so, and you have no success; you probably need level 2 support...!!

Is it broken?

- no

have you tried dropping it?

Rolling Code Programming
Rolling code garage door openers which are “code-protected” and manufactured after 1996 may be determined by the following:
• Reference the garage door opener owner’s manual for verification.
• The handheld transmitter appears to program the HomeLink Universal Transceiver but does not activate the garage
door.
• Press and hold the trained HomeLink button. The garage door opener has the rolling code feature if the indicator light
flashes rapidly and then turns solid after 2 seconds.

To train a garage door with the rolling code feature, follow these instructions (the aid of a second person may make the
training quicker and easier):
1. Locate the training button on the garage door opener motor head unit.
Exact location and color of the button may vary by garage door opener
brand. If there is difficulty locating the training button, reference the
garage door opener owner’s manual or please visit our Web site at
www.homelink.com.
2. Press the training button on the garage door opener motor head unit
(which activates the “training light”). Note: Following step 2, there are
30 seconds in which to initiate step 3.
3. Firmly press and release the programmed HomeLink® button. Press and
release the HomeLink button a second time to complete the training
process. (Some garage door openers may
require you to do this procedure a third time
to complete the training.)
The garage door opener should now recognize the HomeLink Wireless Control System.

The remaining two buttons may now be trained if this has not previously been done. Refer
to the Programming portion of this text. The HomeLink Wireless Control System (once programmed)
or the original handheld transmitter may be used to activate the garage door. In
the event that there are still difficulties in programming the HomeLink Wireless Control
System, please visit our Web site, www.homelink.com

• 5 weeks later...

step 0 - engine does not need to be running but ignition has to be ON so that FULL electronics are functioning. make sure your fogs lights are off as well.
=========

step 1 - clean 911 home link MEMORY
=========
- hold buttons 911 homelink buttons 1+3 until the homelink light (beside button 3) flashes confirming that the homelink storage buttons are clean and clear

step 2 - have 911 homelink copy your current garage door opener signal(s)
=========
- press homelink garage-door button '1' (full press one-one-thousand-two count), you will see the homelink light flashing to tell you to stand outside the 911
- standing in front of the 911, place your current garage door remote opener directly a foot in front of the Porsche hood emblem
- now press and HOLD garage-door remote button '1' .... it shouldn't take long for your your exterior fogs/leds to flash 3 times
- if you have more then one garage door, repeat the process with the different garage door #/911 homelink# buttons

as long as your exterior fogs/leds have flashed 3 times you can be confident that the 911 homelink has copied the garage door remote's signals ... now test your 911 homelink buttons (remove any garage door 'lock limitations' and do a full one second press of your 911 homelink buttons).

if the garage door opens/closes then your done if not proceed to step 3

step 3 (rolling code garage door openers) - your garage door opener has to be 'taught' to accept the signals coming from your 911 homelink
=========
- (assuming you have only one garage door) on your garage door opener itself press the 'learn' button (this is on the garage door opener itself, or very likely on the garage door wall-pad controller). if you have a wall pad controller the controller should say 'LEARN MODE' or some other similar message.
- now get back into the 911 and press the 911 homelink garage-door button 3 times (make sure each press is a full one second press, followed by a one second pause). by the third press the garage door should be going up or down.

I've got Homelink in my Merc which I had dramas getting to work in Aus. After trying all methods of getting it to connect (using various homelink manuals and online tutorials) I found out the Homelink units from Europe work on a different freq than the majority of aussie garage door openers, particularly older units that are a few years old.

I bought a plug in freq converter for the roller doors and it immediately connected up to homelink and the doors have been working fine ever since.

If you're still having problems getting it to connect drop me a message and I'll get the details of the freq converters that I installed as this might be the issue.

Definitely would like that information as Porsche Melbourne has told me it's impossible to connect as my car is too old.

My garage door opener is an older Gliderol GTS 2000 unit that operates on the 315 MHz freq. I found that the euro homelink works on the 433 MHz freq range.

I bought a Chamberlain Merlin CM8002ANZ two channel add on receiver that effectively piggybacks the 433.92 MHz receiver capability to the original GTS 2000. Once it is connected it allows both the original 315 MHz remotes to work through the original circuitry and also accepts the 433 MHz through the piggyback unit allowing the homelink in the car to connect and work.

If you search google for Chamberlain Merlin CM8002ANZ you should be able to find a stockest near you. Here's a link to a supplier I just found online (scroll to the bottom and you'll see the box under universal receivers):

http://www.aggdoors.com.au/merlin_chamberlain-receivers.html

It wires into the existing circuit board (next to the limit adjustment switches, into plugs labelled "excon") and should only take 10mins to hook up. Any garage door installer would do it in no time. Hope this helps.

My 987 has homelink fitted, I've tried everything! It flashes the fogs and does all the right things...then nothing! I did get it to open the door once! but never again, so I suspect rolling code type but even following the instructions above I've had no luck!

As I said earlier guys I am pretty certain homelink is not an option that functions in Australia. I could be wrong but from my days on the forums (6speed / rennlist) all Aussie delivered cars had issues - hope someone can prove me wrong. I built my own homelink by installing a FOB under the centre console and installing a factory switch in the 996 at the time (pre homelink option at the time) maybe if you are desperate enough like I was you can wire in your own fob.

Homelink in my '11 Cayenne works fine with the solution I posted above. The homelink freq in the car is fixed so the only way to make it work in Aus is to either add or change the freq of the receiving unit at the roller door end (to match the freq the homelink is sending out from the car).

Homelink in my '11 Cayenne works fine with the solution I posted above. The homelink freq in the car is fixed so the only way to make it work in Aus is to either add or change the freq of the receiving unit at the roller door end (to match the freq the homelink is sending out from the car).

Totally agree but you modified your door to get it to work. Out of the box though homelink doesn't work? As you indicated the receiving frequency is different here in Australia

Good work in modifying the door though.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Archived