1980 widebody in SA

According to Norbert who runs the Turbo-Look Register, the widebody M491 option was available only from 1984 with the Carrera 3.2. However, earlier cars could have it done through the Special Wishes program -

http://www.turbo-look.de/2-en.php

If it's a genuine low miles special wishes program car with a top-end rebuild it would be a bargain, however...

Half the wide-bodied NA cars on carsales claim to have been 'factory delivered' as a widebody, so I would maintain scepticism pending documentary proof. And what true Porsche enthusiast with a rare special wishes car wouldn't have documentary proof to hand?  ;)

Seems nice.

I have never heard of a factory wide body sc, but anything is possible. You'd want to see some sort of authenticity to believe it.

It's priced pretty keenly if it is what it says it is.

Owner needs to understand the difference in cost and worth regarding the stereo!

In my search for an SC, I also haven't heard of a wide body SC.... I know they are slightly flared from the factory, but not like that one as a turbo...

The rear wing is also a turbo wing, so maybe done together as a "tuff look"...

The SC had a whale tail, not a turbo tea tray..... and I don't think it was a factory option...

Anyone?.......

In my search for an SC, I also haven't heard of a wide body SC.... I know they are slightly flared from the factory, but not like that one as a turbo...The rear wing is also a turbo wing, so maybe done together as a "tuff look"...The SC had a whale tail, not a turbo tea tray..... and I don't think it was a factory option...Anyone?.......

Everything I have read about sc tails is that the tea tray was sometimes factory fit.

You can't rule anything out because of the special wishes program. I've seen photos of all sorts of weird factory configuration.

The car might be getting factory fit and dealer fit confused, as well.

Thanks for that info Coastr ......

I know Porsche did all manner of weird configurations, but I thought the turbo wings were generally done by owners, not factory....

Looks like I'll have to catch up on more reading and studying .....

I would say its an Aus delivered SC with a wide body conversion done. I see an ET light which didn't come until the 3.2. I see race seats and harness also. A top end rebuild with only 148k on the clock?? Perhaps it's had a hard life?

simon exactly what I thought I roll my eyes everytime I hear of early cars with a factory wide body fit.  I have a mate with an SC that claims the same thing. Ive never seen the VIN number as its an american import that was imported. I suspect it has had an aftermarket job done on the gaurds as well. 

His doesn't have any documentation as well........

Might be worth giving Mark Buik a call as he is the one who the ad claims has been servicing it. Only had one dealing with Mark but he is a standup guy who tells it like it is. Likely he will know more about it than the owner if it's been in his shop.

Might be worth giving Mark Buik a call as he is the one who the ad claims has been servicing it. Only had one dealing with Mark but he is a standup guy who tells it like it is. Likely he will know more about it than the owner if it's been in his shop.

Exactly mate, wise advice ^^

Its a great looking car though I must say! Price ain't too shabby either if its got no stories... 

Archived