a sign of the times

My 5yo got in the back of a rental car and shouted "what's that on the door? " me thinking the worst stopped to get rid of spider/crocodile etc.....but found he was referring TO THE WINDOW WINDER.

Poor kid....had never seen one of those before.

Now he wants me to buy a car "with those winder things for the window"

i've had friends who don't realise that the car 1) doesn't have central locking, and 2) you have to lift the handle when shutting the door for it to lock it.

it's been funny.

Yes..I got a midnight panic call that the car won't start.......try putting it in park?

I like seeing kids getting really confused when trying to use a standard laptop/desktop screen like a tablet/smart phone and wondering why they are not touch screen?

"You have to use one of these things, they are called a mouse" (puzzled look in reply).

Yes..I got a midnight panic call that the car won't start.......try putting it in park?

I use to love putting friends car in drive or reverse when they're not looking before they start the car. Then panic because the car wont start. 

It's even funnier when in reverse and you're outside watching the reverse lights go on and off.

I like seeing kids getting really confused when trying to use a standard laptop/desktop screen like a tablet/smart phone and wondering why they are not touch screen?

"You have to use one of these things, they are called a mouse" (puzzled look in reply).

there's a youtube channel with kids reacting to old tech!!

I use to love putting friends car in drive or reverse when they're not looking before they start the car. Then panic because the car wont start. 

It's even funnier when in reverse and you're outside watching the reverse lights go on and off.

When I was a kid and my sister got her first car, this happened and she called the racq. She was mortified when the guy put it in park and started it.

I was at the motoX track today spectating with my 3 boys when my eldest son (5yo) asked me "why isn't anyone doing backflips?"

Obviously been watching too much nitro circus with him............! Backflips are like so average it seems.............

Daddy when you were young what games did you play on your phone?

Hmm, when Daddy was young, phones were black, connected to the wall with wires and had this funny round thing at the front that spun round to dial numbers.

No screen, No games.

but you know.... they will never know the satisfaction of slamming down the receiver on the phone... angrily pushing the hang up button just isn't the same !

Daddy when you were young what games did you play on your phone?

Hmm, when Daddy was young, phones were black, connected to the wall with wires and had this funny round thing at the front that spun round to dial numbers.

No screen, No games.

but you know.... they will never know the satisfaction of slamming down the receiver on the phone... angrily pushing the hang up button just isn't the same !

Bart Simpson knows a game to play with old style phones

Guest Harold

i had an AP5 Valiant back in the late 60's and it had buttons on the dash instead of a gear lever. Great car until i cleaned the windows with Ajax. That was fine until i had to drive into the sun the next day. Unbelievable idiot for sure.

i had an AP5 Valiant back in the late 60's and it had buttons on the dash instead of a gear lever. Great car until i cleaned the windows with Ajax. That was fine until i had to drive into the sun the next day. Unbelievable idiot for sure.

You were way ahead of the times, Harold. Frosted privacy glass and electronic gear selection are now all the rage in new car design technology.

This is funny. How did you fix it?

Archived