Shout Out To Kerry. Get Well soon!

Hope you have a full and speedy recovery mate. I have to echo Tassies sentiments. I was told I would be on a walking stick for the rest of my days and basically I would be pensioned off. I didn't take that for a satisfactory outcome, gave up the stick and orthosis about 6 months later, took up cycling, rebroke the same knee and am still stick free many years later. I did work hard in my recovery but don't underestimate the power of positive attitude ;)

Bugger mate. Know the feeling with suffering from the occasional back spasms. Not much fun in my job lifting heavy glass doors most days.

I can sympathise with how you did your back in though. I was brushing my teeth 3 weeks ago then POP goes my back and can hardly breathe!

Get well soon fella. All the best

Bah ha ha ha!!! Ah, you funny bastards!!!

Yes Chris, I'll still be delivering you your little red wagon for Xmas; and yes Greg, I do remember what shaggers back is, and maybe I'm even guilty of a certain repetitive strain injury; and yes madam mortisha, I have asked (myself) for a shiny new 991GT3PDK for Xmas... ;):) (this iPad interface doesn't give me the full range of emoticons that I need to show the breadth of my entertainment from these responses!!!)

The latest news is that I'm restricted to bed rest in a perfectly flat position for the next two weeks (pre-empting any comments about possible horizontal folk dancing therapy) and then a long and a slow rehabilitation of a bunch of ruptured muscles and ligaments that resulted from the previously described "cushion exorcism" that occurred last Wednesday morning.

Thanks also to those who wished to keep my head above the waterline and remind me that not everything that physicians tell you is actually the truth, and as I was told after my last operation that I would need to trade my manual cars in for a tiptropic if I wanted to drive a Porsche ever again... if anyone has followed me up the road to Lake Mountain, it would have appeared that my clutch pushing ability had been reclaimed, and in all likelihood will work again with a reasonable degree of success! ;)

But truly, thanks everyone for your best wishes, I'll be up and at 'em again before you know it, and may even have to attempt that terrifying position of passenger at an upcoming SMT!

Cheers one and all,

Kez

Hope you are up and about sooner rather than later. Back pain can be an absolute ... Insert profanity here ... On the up side, once you feel better I suggest you take up swimming regular laps .. Great for the back and no real stress on the rest of the body.

Archived