Shout Out To Kerry. Get Well soon!

Hi Everyone,

Over the last couple of days Kerry has succumbed to a chronic back problem he has had for a long time and has been in Hospital having treatment.

So a big shout out to Kez to get well soon and be glad to see you up and about again!!

Take care mate...

C

You have been to Africa lately haven't you?

Could be the Ebola bug that has you.

If you want someone to flog off your two old nails let me know.

My spot will be reasonable, just enough to wet my beak.

Can't say fairer than that can I my son.

If not, get well soon.

Minnie.

Thanks everyone for your kind wishes, I'm feeling the love!

A little lesson to the wise if I may... If you see a cushion on the couch that needs straightening... LEAVE IT!

On Wednesday morning, in preparation for the arrival of my in-laws, I was giving the house a quick once-over when I saw the aforementioned errant cushion and thought to adjust it. I lent forward by about 15 degrees when suddenly I found someone had attached a three inch wide elastic band around my waist, stretched it back behind me about three metres, and then let it go! I found myself instantly paralysed in that prone position in an incredible amount of pain, unable to support myself nor able to move to the kitchen bench two metres away to retrieve my phone. Needless to say the next 10 minutes were extremely uncomfortable and then the wait for an ambulance seemed to take about seven weeks! I only remember parts of the rest of that morning until I was suitably drugged up in hospital, where I still find myself this morning.

I've had a multitude of tests, with more later this morning, and hopefully I'll get a diagnosis after that. Needless to say I've had to bail out of the motokhana event set for next weekend, and I suspect my clutch pushing days will be set quite far off into the distance!

Still, it could have been worse... The apparent lack of physical provocation for this "snapping" could have happened recently whilst I was under the boat removing the mooring line from the propeller, or many kilometres from camp whilst surrounded by lions in the back of a suspension-less landrover, or at 5 am whilst carting my tripod and cameras around the back alleys of Rome... all of which had far more potential provocation than bending to straighten a f$&@&$g cushion!!! Oh how the mighty fall! :(

Many thanks for your best wishes, I'll keep you all in the loop as things develop however I'm starting to realise that my life is going to be taking a far less eventful future!

Cheers,

Kez

It happens to the best of us Kerry.

My (super fit) brother-in-law had his lung collapse while he was sitting on the couch playing PlayStation!

Couches are hazardous things. They should come with warning labels!

I'm starting to realise that my life is going to be taking a far less eventful future!

Is that what the docs and physio are telling you? Don't believe it!

The future is in your hands. Many men with high mileage have come back stronger and fitter than before.

Archived