Fuchs wheel choice - opinions please

Dusty

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yes, unless 'factory fitted'

WHEEL STUDS AND NUTS, LOCK RINGS Reasons for rejection:

• Wheels/rims are not fitted with the correct number and type of nuts and studs.

• Studs/nuts are not securely fitted, are damaged and not engaged for at least the same thread length as provided originally by the vehicle manufacturer.

• Spacer plates are used between hub and wheels (except where fitted by the vehicle manufacturer).

http://www.tmr.qld.gov.au/~/media/Safety/Vehicle%20standards%20and%20modifications/Vehicle%20modifications/Industry%20codes%20of%20practice/vehiclestandardscodeofpracticesection2feb2004.pdf

I should be right then, the spacers I have are genuine Porsche parts (no. 924 944 911 968 - okay so not from a 911 but they're definitely available and identical), but I wonder how the authorities would know what's been fitted 'by the vehicle manufacturer' as opposed to what's been fitted in Dustys garage?

Thanks for the heads up though Russ, forewarned = forearmed .  

I'd be more worried about ending up uninsured after an accident

but at the end of the day id wonder how they'd tell if they're a genuine part, i'm sure there were 911s somewhere once with spacers factory fitted

I've considered fitting spacers on mine to fill out the wheel arches, and also worried about insurance..

Insurance assessors do an investigation and if the cause of the accident is obvious or corroborated in some other way, then there wouldn't be any need to dig any deeper. Remember everyone is busy and has limited time. Different story if it was a mechanical fault related to handling, hubs etc.. Then they would dig deeper.

Having said all that, I wouldn't want to risk finding out the hard way.

May not bother running the risk, I'll see how it all looks with the 7's, with the 8's and if neither of those do it for me, I'll consider fitting the spacers to the 7's(or the 8's as well!).

Problem is, I just got an email saying the euromeister wheels are on back order til late April... Did anyone else get onto them while they were on special? 

• 2 weeks later...

I am looking at Euromeister replica Fuchs for a '79 SC.  I believe they have standard offset 

I am thinking 17x9 for the rear and 17x8 for the front, but not sure if the front will fit or should I get 17x7 for the front ?

Are any of you running 17x9 rims on an SC ?

and what tires would you recommend for the 17-inch rims. I belie there are more tire choices for the 17-inch size rims.

currently I am running 16x8 and 16x7 minilite rims  

any advice will be greatly appreciated

I am running 17x9.5 rears and17x8 fronts on my 78 sc. I'm not sure what 255 and 235 tyre selections there are out there- 255 might be limiting

did you have to roll the guards or did the 9.5" and 8" fit ok ?

what tires are you running ?

would love to see few pictures 

many thanks

17's completely open up the tyre choice, I've been finding it somewhat overwhelming to be honest. It really depends on what kind of driving your doing and what your wanting from the tyres.

Ive been interested in the skunkworks 964 build so I've been doing some research on pirelli's, but I have always been a yokohama (advans) and Dunlop user on the 15's and 16's, decisions, decisions.

17's completely open up the tyre choice, I've been finding it somewhat overwhelming to be honest. It really depends on what kind of driving your doing and what your wanting from the tyres.

I do low kilometres per car, so not too concerned about how long the tires last as it will take me a long time to do few thousand kms.

A good soft compound tire for weekend driving, its not going to be a daily driver. and something that looks good.  

Don't know too much about tires and there are many choices out there, hence asking what works well for others. 

Maybe worth starting a new thread as I don't want to hi-jack this one anymore than I already have.  :rolleyes:  :)

Or we could continue these discussions?

Its a valuable topic, sure others will chime in. 

I just got quoted $898.52US last week for 2X 16x8,s delivered to my door from Sierra Madre. Ex stock. At that price I will hang off. Does anyone in straya sell Euromeister wheels? The freight alone was $360.

I'm pretty sure Performance 9 sell them, I called him 3-4 months ago and he said he was out of stock but that may have changed by now. 

Automotion again have a discount on them for $630US including postage to oz but you wont see them for a few months, they're on back order.  

Has anyone seen the 17 inch wheels as I think the picture on the web site is just a standard pic of the 16's

Wouldn't mind looking at the 17 x 9's and 17 x 7's but just wondering how they would look proportionally

Has anyone seen the 17 inch wheels as I think the picture on the web site is just a standard pic of the 16's

Wouldn't mind looking at the 17 x 9's and 17 x 7's but just wondering how they would look proportionally

I am looking at 17x9/8 combo for the SC and the 3.2     ....  but not sure about 8's at the front ...  may not fit ...  was thinking 7's with spacers    ...  anyone running 17x8 at the front ?

I think you'll struggle to get 17x8's on the front with standard narrow body guards. I'm running 8's but they are 15's with a custom back spacing to ensure they don't scrub on the guards.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey just thought id pitch in. Running 17x8 +13 on the front and 17x9 +5 on the rear. Car had to be raised quite somewhat to get them in without scrubbing, gaurds have not been touched, though Im thinking maybe I should... No spacers anymore and this is with 993 calipers.
Tyres are Nankang NS2Rs, 235/45/R17 Front and 255/40/R17 Rears. I know you were looking at Fuchs wheels, but thought this might help as a reference. I needed more tire choice from the 16" Fuchs, so these came on it.

10924148_899746133393698_7267847753795701495361_896788927022752_832660357543802210863906_1038824639467919_82629643568525

Archived