I need to raise my 911 above the water level

ByronBayChris

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's chucking it down now - Byron is getting hammered now as well.  Time to think about those besser blocks as well as the tarps?

I heard on the TV some parts of Brisbane without power.

Sure is.....wind has picked up, but we are expected to get our worst around 5.00am tomorrow morning .....sheesh....can't wait :blink:

Anyway, we are as prepared as we can be - things are holding up and most importantly, as Jeremy Clarkson would say "WE HAVE POWER"

what's happening now? Is the car okay?

Slight water leaks coming into our garage through the waterproof staircase :ph34r: , so have got the buckets working overtime on those leaks.

Apart from that, its very quiet.   Very quiet.   Too f*$&#)$g quiet for my liking.

Shops are deserted and closing.   Police are everywhere through the town, just monitoring the situation (and pulling people over).

Now just bunkering down for a wet windy afternoon, evening and morning  :(

Don't you think the 993 would be better off 'upstairs' in the rain with the tarp wrapped around it than downstairs with the tarp underneath?  Just saying - I'm watching the weather radar and the rain is pretty heavy duty down that way.  Some type of power outage is a very high risk, and if that's the only thing keeping the car dry...well, I'd have mine upstairs.

Upstairs is too risky due to flying branches, hippies, etc.   If it does get too wet in the basement, then it is a matter of just undoing a couple of slip knots and the tarp drops to the ground (wish ladies were that easy)......so if I lose power it is a quick exit.....that's my plan.   I also have an alarm set it we lose power - and no, it is not run by power.

16401344490_1a7a4ae374_o.jpg20150220_142008 by byronbaychris, on Flickr

72T is tucked away in neighbours garage.

15968591753_46e7d7b76d_o.jpg20150220_175537 by byronbaychris, on Flickr

Other daily drives have been parked around different apartments where they will be out of the way hopefully.   

Flying hippies lol - yeah I'd keep it downstairs as well.

Rain stopped about 4pm today and hasn't started again.  Very still and quiet at the moment - all I can hear is frogs.

Tonight is the test though - but it has all the hallmarks of fizzling out.  

Flying hippies lol - yeah I'd keep it downstairs as well.

Rain stopped about 4pm today and hasn't started again. Very still and quiet at the moment - all I can hear is frogs.

Tonight is the test though - but it has all the hallmarks of fizzling out.

Fizzling out.... Yes please.

Rain has eased here but wind seems to be picking up.

Apparently we are due to get our next big hit around sunrise tomorrow.

Well, it's all done now- it was a fizzer in The end, just a lot of rain and no wind.

The bom called that cyclone a cat 5, yet the only measured wind speeds were about a cat 3. I don't get why that is but it seems to me they keep over forecasting - maybe to save their butts if they get it wrong. I worry about lulling the populace into a false sense of security if a real cat 5 turns up one day. Remember cyclone Tracy was only cat 4.

Anyway, I hope the 993 fared ok? I'm sure you did get a fair bit of rain. Friends of mine got over 400mm and turned their property into a lake.

Well, it's all done now- it was a fizzer in The end, just a lot of rain and no wind.

The bom called that cyclone a cat 5, yet the only measured wind speeds were about a cat 3. I don't get why that is but it seems to me they keep over forecasting - maybe to save their butts if they get it wrong. I worry about lulling the populace into a false sense of security if a real cat 5 turns up one day. Remember cyclone Tracy was only cat 4.

Anyway, I hope the 993 fared ok? I'm sure you did get a fair bit of rain. Friends of mine got over 400mm and turned their property into a lake.

Tracy was recorded at cat 4……. then the anemometer blew away  :wacko:

Luckily it was a fizzer.

No wibd

About 250mm of rain over two days.

The heaviest rain fell just off the coast. Could be seen from the lighthouse.

I tend to agree that preparing for a cat 5 and getting a cat 3 is far better than the other way around.

Good outcome is that body corporate are now costing a petrol generator to power the pumps if electricity fails.

I'm Brisbane for two days now, then will start unwrapping the 993 and attempt to get the 72T back from neighbour (could be tricky)

Archived