I need to raise my 911 above the water level

ByronBayChris

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Go to an engineering shop and get someone to make you mini table frames. 4 legs around a square, use a jack and put one under each wheel. Car won't move. 

If you like this idea, and cannot find someone local. PM Me. we have a machine shop blah blah blah... 

Back on the topic - how about besser blocks with treated pine sleepers on top? You'd have to jack the car on, but it would give you height.

But you wouldn't want to leave them in a flooded basement for very long - the humidity would be off the scale.

Coastr has it for mine, remember the KISS principle, keep it simple stupid.

Besser blocks would be about $5 each to buy and perfect for this one off event, get you high enough off the ground and stack them against the garage wall when you are done and way cheaper than car stands.

My 2 bob's worth.

You could also try one of those inflatable car bubbles that Ben has. Pressurised inside so should keep the water out. I don't know what sort of power unit is required.

Tried that one, but they are not sealed. Has to have a fan blowing air in, and a slight gap to let the air out at the other end. So it keeps the dust off. It does have a small lip, so it would keep some of the water out.

Well,    got the extra sandbags around the garage area and parked the 993 on a tarp, then tied it up like a Christmas present.   Just needs a nice bow on top  :wacko:

72T has been moved to higher ground at a friends place.   Happy with that.

Now we just wait.......Wouldn't want to be any of the people on Sunshine Coast tonight or tomorrow.

Well,    got the extra sandbags around the garage area and parked the 993 on a tarp, then tied it up like a Christmas present.   Just needs a nice bow on top  :wacko:

72T has been moved to higher ground at a friends place.   Happy with that.

Now we just wait.......Wouldn't want to be any of the people on Sunshine Coast tonight or tomorrow.

We'll be right, It's further north that is the issue. Intensified to a cat 4 and forecast to be cat 5 when it crosses the coast. Poor old bundaberg will probably go under again.

4317FDCC-AE45-4F85-B941-24C41291254E_zps

This is the surf at 10am this morning. Pretty high storm tide but not too bad. Some monster waves. 50mm rain so far today but it is steady and set in now, and the wind has dropped. It was much worse about two years ago, I forget the name of that one. Perfect weekend for getting some jobs done on the car, really.

Keep a watch : http://www.bom.gov.au/products/IDQ65002.shtml

Stopped raining for me  110mm recorded yesterday. No wind either.

Cyclone is cat 5 intensity and is just making landfall around Shoalwater Bay which thankfully is a military training area and doesn't have any settlements.  

It will be a while before it makes its way down to byron bay.

Lots of rain here and 50k wind.

Although the centre of the cyclone is a LONG way off Byron Bay, you must remember that we have 3rd world roads and drainage system.

Already half of the road out our place is closed due to flooding. Our main entrance is 20cm underwater.

But, the power is still on and the 4 pumps in the basement are still pumping.

Would not want to be in Rockhampton or Yeppoon

Lots of rain here and 50k wind.

Although the centre of the cyclone is a LONG way off Byron Bay, you must remember that we have 3rd world roads and drainage system.

Already half of the road out our place is closed due to flooding. Our main entrance is 20cm underwater.

But, the power is still on and the 4 pumps in the basement are still pumping.

Would not want to be in Rockhampton or Yeppoon

:(

My house is dry as a bone but the pool is overflowing. The drainage works a treat.

Archived