[SEQLD] Group Buy - Mid Rise Scissor Lift

Russ

Not Snivelling Bloke, Just stateing a fact, As far as " no where did i mention that I had to be Involved" I Was invited "Anyone interested in a group buy of scissor lifts"

obviously i missunderstood the meaning of  Group buy .

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm constantly trying to work out the best set up for the home mechanic. A scissor lift is ideal but not cheap. I found this today, may be worth looking into. $895 US 

http://www.quickjack.com/products/quickjack-accessories_quickjack-portable-car-lifting-system---3,500-pound-capacity.html

Well I got a quote from some one in Aus that sells the Quick Jack $ 2381 !! very expensive considering its under $1000 US . That was ex Brisbane to my door North NSW. The box is 61 kg I think. Still for that price I would prefer a scissor lift. Shame I liked 

Cover it when not in use?

Sounds good in theory but a cover that you can drive/walk on is a decent weight, and where do you store it while you're using the pit? and how do you move it around?

• 4 months later...

I've lived in a house with a pit, gets a bit old after you've fallen into it once or twice.

Still going with this group buy, i always manage to spend the money I have put aside.. However, should be back on track in March if anyone is still keen. 

In the meantime I've got a contact within HAPP so should be able to work out some decent pricing, I'm also considering the below Finkbeiner unit (depending on price and Australian availability):

csm_20130411_115041_2d85ead7a6.jpg

csm_IMG_3678-1_b2d464e67f.jpg

Wow - Finkbeiner, eh?  Looks the goods, but I'm betting it's at least $3k.

Re HAPP - very happy (no pun intended) with their 2-post, which I've had for nearly 3 years now.  If you've got the headroom, don't dick around with half-a$$ed solutions and put in a 2-post - you and your new best friends won't regret it ^_^.

I agree that they won't be anywhere near cheap, and that puts them out of the running

I would totally be down for a 2 poster, but I just don't have the headroom, and i'm renting so really want the portability - might've been easier if i owned a 911 speedster!

• 2 weeks later...

Wow - Finkbeiner, eh?  Looks the goods, but I'm betting it's at least $3k.

Re HAPP - very happy (no pun intended) with their 2-post, which I've had for nearly 3 years now.  If you've got the headroom, don't dick around with half-a$$ed solutions and put in a 2-post - you and your new best friends won't regret it ^_^.

Would you believe $16,000? :huh::blink:

So at this stage it'll be the HAPP 10 I should have my money cleared in March/April so I'll be firming things up then. Anyone else interested in the meantime let me know

Would you believe $16,000? :huh::blink:

So at this stage it'll be the HAPP 10 I should have my money cleared in March/April so I'll be firming things up then. Anyone else interested in the meantime let me know

The trouble with the Happ is there is no room to actually work under the car ! Good for wheels ect , maybe enough room to get a under motor.

• 2 months later...

Hows the group purchase going?  I'm just thinking of getting a scissor jack and am looking at the options HAPP10 seems to have the best sales and expertise and has Melbourne branch, but the Adelaide e-bay $1500 (probably $3-500 delivery) seems very similar?  Has anyone got any views / reviews?

I looked at the Happ, but ended up going with the QuickJack for the shed.

Bonus is its portable so can pack it up and also take it to the track (or a mates house)

Goes up 22" has safety locks, and is quiet and very steady.

Who did you buy it from and how much did it cost?  I'm really after the height to save my back!  Did you check out the e-bay scissor lift in Adelaide at $1500 it looks pretty much the same as the HAPP?

Call Karl at Garage Equipment in Queensland on 0439700851 or email: karl@garageequipment.com

Tell him your Porsche club member and he should look after you (not apply a Porsche tax)

The standard 5000lb unit fits aircooled up to 991's and you can get in 12 or 240v for around $2300 shipped depending on location.

i looked at the various blue scissor style, and ones in ADL too, but cost a lot for delivery/shipping as they are heavy and not really "portable" something you easily pick up and move yourself...

Quickjack is big in the US and they sell them on Pelican now too, call karl for details as he's the Aust agent.

Archived