[SEQLD] Group Buy - Mid Rise Scissor Lift

Russ

Anyone interested in a group buy of scissor lifts? (There was talk about this a few years go but I'm onto the idea again) I want one for my home garage, and from the quick Google I've done there are a few sellers but I think we can do a bit better on the price.

Would be awesome for a 911 as they give you access to the front and rear, and for people with limited garage space don't go up too high. Also has an inbuilt safety bar so that you aren't relying on hydraulics to hold the car up. Great for low profile cars too. I'm looking at something like this due to the height restriction in my garage, as well as the fact I'm renting (and don't think the owner would be okay when I've dynabolted stuff into the slab).

• Lift capacity: 2700kgs
  • Motor: 2hp single phase electric
  • Hydraulic hose and cable length: 4m
  • Lifting height range: 170mm - 1400mm
  • Lower height: 170mm (with support pad)
  • Lifting max.height: 1400mm
  • Adjustable swivel support arm length: 480mm
  • Lifting table width: 1003mm with support arms adjustable width range from 550mm-1400mm
  • Lifting table length: 1800mm with support arms adjustable length range from 400mm-2100mm
  • Overall base length: 2520mm
  • Weight 495kgs

$(KGrHqNHJ!sE63KsoKDvBO2HJhBJpQ~~60_12.J
$(KGrHqJHJCkE63YKgZq4BO5fE0TnLg~~60_57.J
$_12.JPG

Please register your interest in this thread, an idea on pricing will be coming shortly (but I'm expecting well under $2000)

Pick up from Brisbane (or organise your own freight)

Interested:
Russ +1
FlatSix

ByronBayChris

Caledonian

tomo

Spannerhead

michael

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is that the Adelaide Distributer, if so interested if it can be dropped off on the way past.

You can buy the same thing for $1790 off ebay

Not sure dropping it off on the way past would be economically viable as the majority of them will be coming to Brisbane (I'd assume sea freight from china)

I'm familiar with them. They're $2100 inc GST and have to be picked up from Ormeau, That's where I based my 'I think I can do better on price' from.

Interested Russ,

Would need to be a grou p/ good price on freight as well.

Tomo,

Your right, I saw a few being released and sold off eBay for around the 1700 mark with pick up from Port Adelaide area. Maybe approach this guy for an ADL group buy....

Those quick jacks running on 12v would also be great for routine wheel/brakes/cambers/toes/sway bars adjustments etc with the bonus if being portable and able to take them to the track.

Interested Russ,

Would need to be a grou p/ good price on freight as well.

Tomo,

Your right, I saw a few being released and sold off eBay for around the 1700 mark with pick up from Port Adelaide area. Maybe approach this guy for an ADL group buy....

Those quick jacks running on 12v would also be great for routine wheel/brakes/cambers/toes/sway bars adjustments etc with the bonus if being portable and able to take them to the track.

As per the first post they'll be pickup Brisbane, You'd need to organise your own shipping (I'd imagine trying to organise the shipping on a group buy around Australia would negate any savings)

Russ

Can these stay in the air for a few days?

AFAIK i'd say yes, the safety should stop them from moving at all - I'll confirm and let you know

Interested if it can be used as a floatation device also

not sure if it makes snow cones though

Happy to store them for a short time if someone needs to organise shipping from Brisbane too (but I'm not sure it'd be cheap to transport) 

Ramps are not that hard to make and work fine.  My cars are pretty low.

414CBC33-C264-4F8D-ADE2-4C94E4954813_zps

Nice ramps! there could be a market for those

link says only 2 available ? doesn't matter to me as although I'd love one am not a position to get one let alone freight one from brissy

I'm not sure what link you're referring to - but i'm yet to decide who I will be buying them from so there will be enough to cover the order

Thanks Russ.

I made up some plans and had a local metal shop make them up.  All up about $600.  Underneath for structural support I cut up sheets of yellow tongue which makes the ramps quite heavy.  Under the aluminium cladding they are bolted to the floor so they don't move.

Framing pine and some plywood would also work and be lighter.  The reason I used yellow tongue was that I was using the ramps before the aluminium was done.

Anyone wants to make up similar in Melbourne I used Henlor in Heidelberg.  Their welds are very neat.  I can also help out with dimensions but mine are designed for 911's (ie. length of ramp, wheelbase, angle of ramp).

Archived